Temporary website downtime

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temporary website downtime

As some of you will know, M&MOC has commissioned Jean from Jeanius! to rebuild our website. At 7.00pm this Friday evening (1st July), Jean will need to take this current site down in order to do whatever needs doing before the new website goes live hopefully sometime around lunchtime on Sunday (3rd). Please excuse my poor IT language - I'm not IT literate, but hopefully you will get the gist. In short, no website or forum from 7.00pm this Friday until lunchtime ish this Sunday.

We do have the Facebook Group - https://www.facebook.com/groups/mandmoc/ and Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/mandmoc/ and Twitter account - https://twitter.com/club_monstro which will all still be up and running.

Sorry for any inconvenience but we hope you approve of the new website and forum when it it up and running.

Thank you

Hello! New website is working and I have logged in ok. Early days, but looking good so far!

Comment

Where have all the blogs gone?
      Rover 200 and 400 Owners Club (for wedge shape rovers, including coupe, tourer and cabriolet). - www.rover200.org.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Beaker View Post
        Where have all the blogs gone?
        Hi Beaker!

Which bit are you looking for? I'm looking on a copy of the old site now, so if you know where I might navigate to the bits that you can't see on the new one, I'll take a look.

The actual blog module was disabled on the old site, so there's nothing obvious jumping out at me - but would be good to know exactly where you're expecting it.

Everything still exists from the old site and will do for some time to come, so if anyone is unsure or can't find something, please do drop a message on here and I will investigate!

Comment

Just to say, I am still working my way through some niggles and tweaks, so I do apologise for any inconvience whilst I do this. My main aim was to get the site back up and running as quick as possible.

Thank you so much!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeanius! View Post

Hi Beaker!

Which bit are you looking for? I'm looking on a copy of the old site now, so if you know where I might navigate to the bits that you can't see on the new one, I'll take a look.

The actual blog module was disabled on the old site, so there's nothing obvious jumping out at me - but would be good to know exactly where you're expecting it.

Everything still exists from the old site and will do for some time to come, so if anyone is unsure or can't find something, please do drop a message on here and I will investigate!
            I have to admit I hadn't looked at it for a while so it may have been disabled with the last update? The blogs used to have a quite a lot in. Likely there would still be in the database?

Also I am not sure why but the performance/speed of page loading is shocking at the moment?
            Rover 200 and 400 Owners Club (for wedge shape rovers, including coupe, tourer and cabriolet). - www.rover200.org.uk

Comment

Very likely they will still be in the database - I have just enabled the module (on the old site) to see what's in there, but it seems to throw some quite catastrophic errors around - I'm guessing that's why the module was probably disabled.

I'll take a look at the page load - I do have a lot of optimization to do now that it's back up and running, which will certainly help. It'll also take some time for the website to build up it's cache, as we're now on a different server, so once that's all registered it will improve speed also.

I'll keep everyone updated how I get on, but if there's anything that you guys see that you're not sure of, do let me know. You've been here a lot longer than I have, so it's important that you guys are happy with it and it works for you!

Comment

Loving this new look! Much more user friendly, great colours and layout. Works great on my phone. Now it's easier to get my maestro /montego fix! Thank you for your hard work

Comment

Really glad you like it! Thanks so much for the feedback!

Comment

I'm starting to find my way round and I do like it but I'm not sure if it's just me but things take a long time to load in comparison to other forum sites

Comment

Trying to get used to the new site just because it's different from other forums I'm used to but that's not a negative first impressions are good.

Only thing I can't quite figure is I liked the new posts button previously but can't find it on the new site. I assume new topics is the same but I've three posts on it which I can't view or clear.

They appear to be from albums and one of them is actually my last picture I added to my album but I didn't create a new post for it??

Anyone any suggestions...?

Maestro turbo No. 108

Alfa Romeo Giulia Veloce Ti (daily driver)(Vesuvio grey)
                      Mazda MX5 RF LE (Soul Red)
                      Honda CBR 600 FW (weekend toy)

Instagram & Facebook - mgmaestroturbo108

Comment

Originally posted by Russ View Post
                        I'm starting to find my way round and I do like it but I'm not sure if it's just me but things take a long time to load in comparison to other forum sites
                        It is dire slow.

Comment

Hi all!
                          I've made some changes to the site this morning which I believe has improved site speed, but let me know what you're experiencing now and if it has helped at your end!
                          I'll take a look at the 'New Posts' button and see what's happened to it.
                          The site has upgraded from Version 3 to Version 5 which is a pretty major upgrade - but the lack of button will be a change from vBulletin themselves, so I will look into it and get back to you.

Comment

I've added a "Today's Posts" button in the grey bar at the top - this should show you the latest posts, most recent first.

Comment

Woo hoo I'm back on
                              1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
                              1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
                              1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
                              2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
                              2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
                              2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

Working...
                              X