Powerflex PolyBush Discount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Powerflex PolyBush Discount

The Maestro and Montego Owners Club have got together with Powerflex to give 50% discount off polybushes.

For those of you who have read the Monstro article you will have read about the advantages of polyurethane bushes, for those of you who haven't read it yet I will mention them.

Standard bushes can perish with age as they are made of rubber, anyone who has been my white car can testify what age and mileage can do to your suspension bushes. Polyurethane bushes are not affected by not affected by ultra-violet, petrol, oil, battery acid, water or time, so should outlive the life of your car for us classic car owners.

The cost of a full set of polyurethane bushes are as follows

front wishbone front bush x2
    front wishbone rear bush x2
    antiroll bar bush x2 (20mm)
    rear beam mount x2

(doesn't include bump stops)

Total £75 incl VAT and postage.

These would normally cost £133.50 at retail prices.

For those without anti-roll bar bushes the cost will be £60 incl. VAT and postage.

For the offer to be viable we need at least 5 people to take up the offer.

If you would like a set please contact Maria Cooke to express your interest.

Money will be required upfront for the order, and the deadline for monies recieved is the 9th November. If this order is succesful, future orders will be planned subject to demand in the future
    Rover 200 and 400 Owners Club (for wedge shape rovers, including coupe, tourer and cabriolet). - www.rover200.org.uk

Are these things just replacements for the factory fitments or are they uprated to give more control? If they are uprated, how does that affect ride and road noise?

Regards,

Alexander
    http://www.austin-rover.co.uk/index....berbouckef.htm

Comment

I think there is a bit of promotional info from powerflex on their website and also in the latest edition of monstro. But I'll try to summarise it a little. They make the ride more taught but as the material is different (absorbs noise better) they also absorb noise almost if not as well as the originals.
      I'm getting a set for my police car restoration, and if funds can stretch for my van too (although I've got some new original bushes waiting to be fitted).
      They are fit and forget and so shouldn't go soft with age. Ideal for keeping that taught "as new" ride quality for years to come.
      www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
      www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
      www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

*bump*
        Rover 200 and 400 Owners Club (for wedge shape rovers, including coupe, tourer and cabriolet). - www.rover200.org.uk

Comment

Apologies for bring up an old thread, but does anyone know if we can resurrect this deal with Powerflex as 50% off seems like a bargain, especially as I would now like to re-bush my Monty as its just passed it MoT...

cheers

james

Comment

Yes, the club has a permanent discount on bushes. Would anyone else like a set?
            A closed mouth gathers no foot

Maestro Vanden Plas
            Maestro Camper Van
            Maestro 1.3L
            Fiat 500 Sport 1.3JTD

Comment

I would like 2 sets too please

Comment

Originally posted by Maria
                Yes, the club has a permanent discount on bushes. Would anyone else like a set?
                I'd double check this as when I set up the discount originally it was for a bulk order of bushes (which was pretty successful I think).

No reason why we can't put together another bulk order though if that is what they want. If you need more participants to make up the order then I can as the 200/400 lot to see if they are interested (there are lots more polybushes on the R8's!).

Comment

I'll go for another set, especially if I can get a matching set of poly ARB bushes soon

Comment

Put me down for two sets.

Mal.

Comment

Great stuff!

Put me down for a complete set if the offer is on!

thanks

james

Comment

They have said to me in the past that we can (and have done) get a discount when we place an order. I'll get a definitive price list for full sets and ARBs with discount.

Dan, if you want to ask the 200/400 lot, that would be cool.

Maestro Vanden Plas
                        Maestro Camper Van
                        Maestro 1.3L
                        Fiat 500 Sport 1.3JTD

Comment

May as well put me down for a set too.

I recently thought about whether I really needed a more modern car, and decided that yes, I do - but that would mean parting with Doris and I don't want to do that. So I may as well collect parts like this for when they're need. Even if I did part with the car it looks like there would always be a market for the parts anyway, which makes them a good investment.

Comment

I've had a reply from Powerflex. Because we don't order shedloads from them, they're prepared to offer a 30% discount, but not the full 50% any more. Could anyone still wanting bits please PM me?

Maestro Vanden Plas
                            Maestro Camper Van
                            Maestro 1.3L
                            Fiat 500 Sport 1.3JTD

Comment

Still better than a poke in the eye and if we go to them with a HUGE order they might be willing to negotiate (Originally they offered me a 10% discount when I first spoke to them - after much haggling they agreed to a 50% one if we put in a big order that was delivered to one address).

I'd suggest putting it in the magazine with a deadline to suit and I'll do the same with the 200/400 lot (I can pick up the bushes and then post them on).

That way all the club members will benefit, not just those who are internet based? Does that seem reasonable?

Comment

Working...
                              X