Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007 Maestro & Montego Club Calendar

Any news on this?

I've seen a few new cars appear this year which would be worthy of a slot on the calendar for next year. Such as Ed's HL and HLS (pix of them both together would be nice to see on there), the Moonraker Blue Montego Mayfair seen on the GNR this year, amongst others.

I also have an entry - a Maestro Vanden Plas which isn't Oporto Red! A preview is below but there are others. These are all over 3000px wide and of extremely good quality, which would suit practically any month.

Steve Worsley

R514 RVJ - 1998 Rover Maestro 1.3 - Restoration
    VX12 EBG - 2012 MG-6 GT 1.8T SE - Stored
    J209 PEL - 1991 Rover Maestro 1.3 Clubman - Running

You've left your lights on, Sport.
    Hope your battery is a good 'un!
    HenryR

Comment

Originally posted by Wetfish
      You've left your lights on, Sport.
      Hope your battery is a good 'un!
      HenryR
      Thanx for that, Sport. I tend not to forget about things like that in my young age.

It is indeed a very good battery.

Anyway, back on topic... Anyone got anything to enter?
      Steve Worsley

Comment

LOL :laugh:

how i love this forum

Comment

I'd be happy to submit this photo for the rare 1.3 category

Comment

Or how about this one?

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisM
              Or how about this one?
              *chokes on noodles*

Nice one, Chris. Anyone else got anything to enter? I'm sure practically everyone on this forum has bought a new MM at some point this year! :laugh:
              Steve Worsley

Comment

I'm happy to contribute pics of my Turbo, but I have done so before and it wasn't used, though I have taken a few fresh ones this year such as this:

and this:

..and a few others
                Regards
                John Orrell

MG Maestro Turbos 396 and 502
                MG ZT190+ (53 plate)

Comment

If anyone is considering submitting pictures for the 2007 calendar, there are some things you need to take into consideration.

When it comes to these calendars, as with the previous two we have produced, we try and to include the best composed photographs we can.

You want to have twelve high quality professional photographs on your desk, don't you?

That generally rules out a picture of your car on the street outside your house with your neighbours Corsa in the background. 'Busy' photographs are likewise not ideal. Things like telegraph poles, signs, and other clutter in the background don't make aesthetically pleasing photographs for calendars. Especially when said street furniture isn't placed as part of your photograph 'theme' and sticks randomly out of the car's roof!

What does look good though, are well considered photographs with the car as the only subject matter on a 'consistent' background. Outside a stately home, in front of some trees, a village church. You can even stage your photograph. Catch its reflection in a pool of water after a shower, pose it next to a retro 'phone box or petrol pump.

Be creative.

Comment

Well for what it’s worth, the tail end of the burgundy Maestro is a more brutally realistic image than some of the “usual suspects” so far offered. It may not be pleasing on the eye but it is familiar to the real world where the majority of us live, I for one could live with the image (for a month at least) knowing my Maestro is similar but with doors.
                    But before I grab the Pentax and rush out, do you want the lights on or off?
                    HenryR

Comment

on Henry

Comment

Henry in your previous 62 posts have you actually ever posted anything remotely constructive?
                        Regards
                        John Orrell

MG Maestro Turbos 396 and 502
                        MG ZT190+ (53 plate)

Comment

Originally posted by Wetfish
                          Well for what it’s worth, the tail end of the burgundy Maestro is a more brutally realistic image than some of the “usual suspects” so far offered. It may not be pleasing on the eye but it is familiar to the real world where the majority of us live, I for one could live with the image (for a month at least) knowing my Maestro is similar but with doors.
                          But before I grab the Pentax and rush out, do you want the lights on or off?
                          HenryR
                          Why? Is that what your car is like? Nice one.

I'm sorry but alot of work goes into keeping these cars as good as we possibly can and I think that should be damn well celebrated, Sport.

I don't know how you can call these the "usual suspects" and then say that rotten Maestro's are more familiar in the real world. Bugger off and do something worthwhile instead of coming on here contradicting yourself, getting other peoples backs up.

Anyway, Rich described well the kind of photo's required for the calendars and I hope some of those above (plus other entries) meet the criteria.
                          Steve Worsley

Comment

Get in there! Another argument kicking off!!! Long live Henry R

I think the point he might be trying to make here (and I know he'll correct me if i'm wrong) is that the cars that will end up being shown are the ones we've all seen before...... and so the resulting photos are *less* (carefully chosen word) interesting than pictures of cars no ones seen.

I for one would be well in favour of seeing that knackered scrap VP in the calendar, it would be a humorous talking point at work rather than a **** taking one!

What would be a good idea is a calendar formed of old press photos? Anyone agree??

I wouldn't buy one of the desk calendars, because I make enough mess on my desk at work without adding junk to it.... A proper wall calendar would be better for me as we all use wall calendars at work they are more use, anyone agree? I know they are more use at home as well (to me anyway).

But again the above would depend on the subject matter, if it was full of cars I've seen splattered across these forums on a regular basis it would be boring..... Real life rust buckets would be more interesting and I would buy, and the only 'serious' version I would be interested in is one with old press photos....

Anyone else think similar?

An amusing maestro calendar!!!! Come on you know you want to!

Andy
                            CURRENT FLEET:
                            1986 (C) Montego 1.6 HL Estate - Owned since Feb 2011
                            1990 (H) Maestro 1.3 LX -Owned since December 2001
                            1978 (T) Chrysler Avenger 1.6GL - Owned since April 2011
                            2006 (06) Ford Focus Titanium 1.8 TDCi - Owned since Feb 2007
                            1972 (L) - Hillman Avenger 1500 Super - Owned Since July 2012

Comment

Oh GOOD an argument! Since it's only Andy that likes arguments that I know of, let's nip this one in the bud and play nice.

It'll only be "the same old cars" if no-one else makes the effort to submit a picture.

My desk is full of junk... but I'm still more than happy to have the calendar on it. Because I have pride in our cars, I have pride in the MMOC, and above all I'm proud that despite the cars' problems and the march of time, so many people have put in the time, effort and money to keep them in good condition, or to restore them. So no, I'd rather not reinforce the stereotype of a Maestro in a scrapyard, or have something on my desk that to be frank, I'd rather not have to look at, "humorous" or otherwise.
                              A closed mouth gathers no foot

Maestro Vanden Plas
                              Maestro Camper Van
                              Maestro 1.3L
                              Fiat 500 Sport 1.3JTD

Comment

Working...
                              X