2007 Maestro & Montego Club Calendar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*claps*

let's have a poll on how many people would prefer to buy a calendar full of pictures of knackered, rusted-out Maestros and Monties, or ones that are half-decent examples of their ilk, maintained by caring owners.

Looks like my photos are not upto the exacting standards. I won't waste anyone's time by submitting them.
    Last edited by G51 NAV; 11th October 2006, 20:43.
    Regards
    John Orrell

MG Maestro Turbos 396 and 502
    MG ZT190+ (53 plate)

Comment

John, not only do you get my personal award for Best Kept Maestros, you also have the knack of taking photos that show them off at their best, in great locations, and technically very good too. They're *more* than welcome as additions to the calendar!
      A closed mouth gathers no foot

Maestro Vanden Plas
      Maestro Camper Van
      Maestro 1.3L
      Fiat 500 Sport 1.3JTD

Comment

John, I really like this one:

As for the "usual suspects" Steve is right in that other's need to submit theirs for them to be considered I've never had a car featured in a calendar, so thought it might be nice to see it in this one...

Again, Henry, unfortunately you are right in that many Maestros do look like the scrap car I posted previously. However, a calendar such as this ought to show off the best ones that are obviously loved and cared for, to show others that they're *not* just old bangers

Comment

I too reckon some press photos/development/pre production ones would be interesting.
          A wall calender would also be good (certainly better for me).

Comment

Originally posted by Maria
            John, not only do you get my personal award for Best Kept Maestros, you also have the knack of taking photos that show them off at their best, in great locations, and technically very good too. They're *more* than welcome as additions to the calendar!
            Aw you made me blush....

Chris I would be tempted to p/shop that lamp-post out of it and the other car in the background, but other than that and the fact the o/s is a bit over-shadowed yeah I was quite proud of that one

Press-photos and pre-pro photos have the added problem of being someone's copyright...
            Regards
            John Orrell

MG ZT190+ (53 plate)

Comment

I think all it needs is cropping slightly...

Jonathan Sellars

1987 MG Maestro 2.0 EFi
              2011 Jaguar XJ

Comment

Yup, that should work on the full-sized version too (obviously the version I posted here is somewhat reduced in the pixel-count stakes as it was taken on a 8 megapixel camera)

Let me know if you want it: full-sized image is about 450k and is 3264x2178
                Last edited by G51 NAV; 11th October 2006, 23:06.
                Regards
                John Orrell

MG ZT190+ (53 plate)

Comment

Yes please, John. And Steve.

I'll happily collate images if any of you have anything you'd like to send my way. About 1200 wide should be more than adequate unless we decide to move up to printing billboards.

It's only going to happen if there's enough demand for calendars and we can get 12 really good images together pretty rapidly, though.
                  Jonathan Sellars

1987 MG Maestro 2.0 EFi
                  2011 Jaguar XJ

Comment

Well I'll buy one off you, if I'm allowed to seeing that I let my membership lapse some time ago
                    Regards
                    John Orrell

MG ZT190+ (53 plate)

Comment

YOU ARE MORE THAN WELCOME TO HAVE A PIC OF MY OLD COUNTRYMAN ESTATE.

Comment

I'll buy a calendar. Dammit, I'll have two!

Comment

I've been offline for a few days - but oh! Comments about "the usual suspects"... How true! It's the same with Monstro, where only a few of us contribute and the same names keep appearing.

It would be good if as many as possible of us could contribute pics (and the same is true for Monstro, where contributions are always welcome - but that is a discussion for a yet-to-be-posted thread :laugh: ), if only to dispel the "usual suspects" conspiracy theory - the truth is that very few people offer contributions, sadly .

So keep the Calendar contributions coming . Email them to any of us committee members, they will be looked at and the best used in future Calendars.

The same goes for contributions for Monstro...

There have also been some good ideas on this thread, keep them coming too .
                          Rich Smith

"Joe", aka "The Ryton Express", aka E838 VJO. Peugeot 309SR main car
                          "Kryten", aka A560 SCW. Left hand drive MG Maestro 1600 'R' second in command
                          "Fleagle", aka F929 NNA. Montego 1.6L saloon stored, status "doubts set in"
                          "Cracow", aka CCW 925Y Maestro Vanden Plas - the oldest known to the Club stored, status "will fight another day - eventually"

You can email me here

Comment

Rich, that was really my point; perhaps it should be clear if the calendar is going to be a concours d’elegance or a representation of member’s vehicles. If it’s the former of course the usual suspects sitting in a field or a barren promenade will always be with us, there’s nothing wrong with that even if the vehicles concerned have been flogged to death across the net.
                            But if the calendar is to be representative of membership then I think you will have many more people contributing their examples. What’s wrong with an image of a MM sitting sadly in a scrapyard, if it’s a good shot it should be considered. From my point of view I would rather wander around a scrapyard than a concours d’elegance paddock, both are interesting but reality for me is the scrapyard.
                            We all care for our cars be they concours or like mine a bit raggedy arsed and to suggest that my well worn Maestro is not welcome or cared for as much as more photogenic examples is very elitist and not worthy of any car club I know of. In fact my Maestro with dodgy arches and doors is a typical example or are we denying the bloody obvious now.
                            And when you come onto the MMOC site, to get here you have to click on a button, which says discussion forums, can I politely suggest that some members check a dictionary to find out the meanings of discussion and forum. If I have something to contribute I will, it may not be something you want to hear but I will say it.
                            And as for my general contribution to these pages, most I would think will be offering constructive mechanical advice where it is asked for, I only contribute where I have some experience to offer. But it is true that in real life or virtual reality I’ve always been able to press the right buttons to get a reaction, it’s very easy.
                            HenryR (shortly to be run out of town)

PS.
                            I will buy a calendar irrespective of any photographic contribution of mine is included but I will buy a large number if my vehicle is included, I can send them as Christmas cards to my large circle of friends. If I can select the month as well I’ll join the Club!

Comment

I, as much as anyone, want to see more members contribute in things like this. As I already mentioned there have been many new cars appear in Club circles this year, which would be good to see in the calendar. Take for example Ed's Montego HLS, RD's beige Maestro HLE, Fleagle... My 1.3 may have been featured in 2005 but I have made the effort to get decent photo's of my new car which I feel would be useful for entering for next years calendar. Call me a usual suspect if you like, but it's not my fault if I am making the effort every couple of years and nobody else will.

Rich Smith hit the nail on the head (not that he makes a habit of missing and hitting his thumb ) about lack of contributions. As he says, the Club welcomes contributions for things like this, Henry, so instead of making an issue out of it why don't you make the effort to get a good photo sent in? It's up to you which style to go for, whether it be in an open field, a sea front or a scrap yard. If you don't make the effort you'll not get anywhere, pal. It's more about the quality of the photo (as mentioned: scene, angle, resolution etc) than what car is actually featured.

It's up to you Henry - make a contribution and you don't need to sit in the corner moaning about the people who are actually making the effort.
                              Steve Worsley

R514 RVJ - 1998 Rover Maestro 1.3 - Restoration
                              VX12 EBG - 2012 MG-6 GT 1.8T SE - Stored
                              J209 PEL - 1991 Rover Maestro 1.3 Clubman - Running

Comment

Steve,
                                I agree with what you say, which is very much where I came in. Now over 370 people have read this thread, if ten per cent contribute a snap of a car for submission the whole thing has been opened up. I may have been glib about the usual suspects, the vehicles are a credit to their owners but I’m sure you can see the point of a discussion on the subject. Not moaning surely!
                                As for me, I’ll only contribute in type I’m afraid. Neither myself or the car(s) are very photogenic and any talents I have, are not with a camera. But I’m sure others may consider it after what’s been written.
                                HenryR

Comment

Working...
                                X