new irish member

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new irish member

hi im a new member from ireland, im 17 but im representing my father who owns an 89 mg montego turbo, its in original condition and has been dry stored in a dehumidified shed for the last 15-16 years, from what iv been told it was one of only two montego turbos in the south of ireland or at least north of dublin, what were trying to figure out at the minute is how much the car is worth roughly, theres not a pic of rust on it anywhere its mint, any help would be appreciated thanks

correcton its an 87 .. would put up pics but the dust on the yoke is serious

Comment

Hi, welcome to the club. Do you have any photo's of your MG Montego you can post here please? Also, do you have any more specifics on the car like mileage, previous owners etc. It is not easy to give you an exact price or valuation on the car but someone here may be able to give you a guide price. Any further info would be appreciated.

Comment

Welcome to the Forum. Sounds really interesting, stick the pictures up anyhow ha. Be worth more if you got it up and running and road worthy. Worth what someone wants to pay at the end of the day. One for sale on eBay at the minute that seems in ok condition but worse than yours sounds, give it a watch see what it ends at give you an idea but at a personal guess a would say £1500-2000 but more information on mileage etc would help.
        MG Maestro Turbo #500
        BMW 335I M Sport Convertible
        Subaru Impreza Hawkeye Wagon
        Rover 218vvc Coupe

Comment

our sheds not at the house so next day am down, probably tomorrow il take a few pictures and check the mileage etc. from what i remember theres been 3 different owners, a family friend, my dad, his brother, then my dad again. the car still starts and drives, we had it going a few times in the last few months because we were clearing a few old rovers out of the shed and the montego was in the way .. heres the only picture i have on me at the minute its covered in stuff and very dusty Click image for larger version

Name:	004.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	13.1 KB
ID:	288106

Comment

Look forward to seeing more pics of the car when you get a chance to. Does your family plan to keep the car or would it be looking for a new home in the future? Be nice to see it minus the jumble!

Comment

honestly dont no, theres talk of both, im in love with it so when i get the full license and can tax and insure it classically i wouldnt mind driving it .. and ye il take the clutter of it for the next pictures

Comment

Originally posted by ruairimaca View Post
                honestly dont no, theres talk of both, im in love with it so when i get the full license and can tax and insure it classically i wouldnt mind driving it .. and ye il take the clutter of it for the next pictures
                Look forward to the pics and good luck to you with whatever you decide to do with it, but you have come to the right place and is great to know of another car that has been out of the limelight for many years.

Comment

Originally posted by MGMatt View Post
                  Look forward to the pics and good luck to you with whatever you decide to do with it, but you have come to the right place and is great to know of another car that has been out of the limelight for many years.
                  thanks very much il keep yous informed on what ever its faith, and ye indeed, i think it could be the last in ireland at this stage but i genuinely dont no so if it comes out into the open am sure there will be a bit of lime light on it again

Comment

Looks very promising, worth noting earlier cars like yours are usually more desirable and thus worth more.

Get it out, clean it up and take some decent pictures.

We'll be able to help you with a valuation.

Comment

irish member

welcome to forum, youre never to young to get the bug.
                      Beware of strange Japanese waitress bearing fortune cookies

Comment

Hi and welcome.
                        Nice Turbo btw, get some more pictures up, always like looking at Monty Turbos
                        1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
                        1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
                        1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
                        2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
                        2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
                        2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

been flat out with my leaving cert there sorry there no pics yet, il be down the shed now in the next few days and take a few

Comment

Originally posted by ruairimaca View Post
                            been flat out with my leaving cert there sorry there no pics yet, il be down the shed now in the next few days and take a few
                            Splendid
                            1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
                            1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
                            1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
                            2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
                            2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
                            2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	004.jpg
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	288113

Name:	005.jpg
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	288114

Name:	006.jpg
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	288115

well thats a few better pics, i didnt clean or polish her just wiped the dust of it, only thing i need to do is get the alloys powder coated, and fix two tiny rust bubbles that havnt even broken through the paint yet

Comment

Working...
                              X