X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi all... Advice needed.

Hi Everyone,

So this is a tough one.

Very sadly, my father in law passed away and we have been left with his Montego EFI. As far as I'm aware, he was a member of the forum.

His car really is a bit of a gem but we don't have the space at our place in Bristol so we will be looking for a new home for it eventually. My feeling is that he restored it in the right fashion from being a bit of a barn find to as it stands just now. With this in mind, we really would like it to go to a loving home when we get ourselves sorted and are ready for it to be moved on. I know that's what he would have wanted.

Over the next couple of weeks, I'll dig out some of the photos of the restoration and grab some of how it is now and then post them up as it is an absolute beaut.

We also have a large cellar full of car bits from Maestros Montegos and Ambassadors I think so I'll post up anything that I think may be useful to you guys. There's an awful lot down there!

Also, if there are any members based in and around the Bristol or South Devon area please let me know.

Thanks,

Ash

HI Ash,

Very sorry for your Loss.

Oli and myself are fairly close to your location.

Please feel free to call upon us if needed to help with the car etc.

Regards,

Mal.

Comment

Likewise Ash condolences but thanks for approaching the forum. I am not close but will be in Bristol each month for the next few months with work and would be happy to help if required.
      1989 Montego Mayfair EFI
      1989 BMW 316i
      2013 BMW 320d Touring
      2014 Nissan Leaf. Shhhhhh

Treasurer
      Join the M&MOC | Visit the Club Shop | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

Comment

Cheers for the messages.

I'll be sorting through stuff this weekend when I'm back down to devon - appreciate the offer of some advice, I'll definitely need it!

Comment

Sorry to hear of your loss Ash and again good on you for taking the time to find your way onto the club forum.

Look forward to seeing what EFi Montego it is but all in good time. We are a good bunch here so you will get all the advice and help that you could need.

Take care for now.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by ashersbashers View Post
            Cheers for the messages.

I'll be sorting through stuff this weekend when I'm back down to devon - appreciate the offer of some advice, I'll definitely need it!
            Sorry to hear of your loss ash, hope all gets sorted
            1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
            1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
            1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
            2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
            2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
            2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

Sorry to hear about your loss. Looking forward to seeing the Montego and maybe you might have a bit or two for my Maestro.
              Morris Marina 1.3sdl 78
              Morris Mariana 1.3l 79
              Morris ital 1.7slx 83
              Morris Ital 1.7hls 80

Long Live Bls tin

Comment

Originally posted by ashersbashers View Post
                Cheers for the messages.

Is the car red Ash? Mal and I have a friend down that way with a red Montego who's restored it and from your post it fits the area and description
                Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 29th April 2014, 03:51.

Comment

If it is the Targa Red C reg Montego, yes it was beautifully restored.

Very sorry for your loss.
                  1985 Austin Montego 2.0HLS x 2

MONTEGO - THE CAR THAT PUTS THE DRIVER FIRST

Comment

This is indeed a forum member Bob Stephens who's forum name is Boveybob.
                    MGMAL and I will be attending the funeral next friday.
                    Although Bob wasn't always on the forums he did look at quite a lot on here.
                    Mal and I have have know Bob awhile now and ive always considered him a nice bloke and he was only 64.
                    He will be missed and I hope he's driving his MG Montego up there somewhere.
                    Can all who have emailed or Pmed Ash about Bob's car please stop as I will be posting up an update after his funeral.

Comment

A good idea Jeff.

We should all let the family have some peace until after the funeral.
                      The car won't be going anywhere, so no rush and no need to push for an answer just yet.

It was quite a shock to hear of Bob's passing, as it wasn't that long since I last heard from him.

A great loss.

Mal.

Comment

I met Bob on a few occasions, the last time about five years ago. Saddened to hear of his passing as he was a lovely chap.

Comment

bob

Glad you put up who BOB was Jeff,we communicated a few times regarding his restoration and about fuel tank issue, he was very helpful ,my sympathy to his family.
                          Beware of strange Japanese waitress bearing fortune cookies

Comment

Sorry to hear this its always gutting when its a forum member one that posts alot or not. My condonances
                            Thomas

Comment

sorry for your loss ash, im in weston, always pm me jeff or ash, will help as much as i can

Comment

Working...
                              X