• Time
  • Show
Clear All

does it start/run?
    keep sending photos...we like to see peoples work
    Tony Hague

A clear enthusiast - or a nutter?

Comment

Hi Charlie have got a load of spares including 4 new doors a roof quarters tailgate and a donor car but would like to keep donor car whole it's a c reg 1.3le 50000 full service history. Yes macca a lot of work to do but in one to two years it will be back on the road. Hi tony it's been sat for 5 years oil is clean but want to change timming belt before I try to start it

Comment

phew ray you have a lot of work to return this car to the road.mybe a good idea to get the other car up and running and to use it before you do anything on the turbo as its going to take a couple of years to get the turbo on the road.as you do not want to get so far into your project and then abbanden it half way though.good luck keep us posted dave

Comment

Wow, mass respect for taking that on. Looking forward to the build update. Have you made a list off parts you might need? Might be an idea getting in contact with Mal and going down this weekend, I know he's down. Where about are you located?
          MG Maestro Turbo #500
          BMW 335I M Sport Convertible
          Subaru Impreza Hawkeye Wagon
          Rover 218vvc Coupe

Comment

Yes Dave going to take everything off it and have it shot blasted like I said I got a real load of spares including a full tailgate and a brand new outer skin for the tail gate. Hi Andy I am in Rotherham I need two sills iner and outers not got round to giving it a good going over as I am off on honeymoon Tuesday

Comment

turbo

Cancel the honeymoon[ lol] car is more important,only joking !!!!
              Beware of strange Japanese waitress bearing fortune cookies

Comment

Well Norman I think I would look worse than the car if I did that Lol. m

Comment

Hi Ray, welcome to the club. You certainly have a mega project there. I guess you must be a welder by trade. lol. Seriously though it will be nice to see another Turbo saved. Hope you have a great honeymoon. Does the other half know she wont be seeing much of you for the next couple of years? Cheers, John.

Comment

Hi John thank you no not a Welder but my mates going to be very busy next year am going to save it. thank you will try and have a great Honeymoon. She is used to it but I am lucky as I have a big garage with a 2 post ramp Kind regards Ray

Comment

Hi and welcome
                      That's a lot of work you have there
                      Best of luck with it and keep us updated
                      1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
                      1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
                      1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
                      2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
                      2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
                      2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

Working...