Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello

Hi everyone,

Well it all started at 19 years old when my dad said " I'm going to look at a car later". Little did I know what I was about to see... A BBR tuned maestro turbo I was addicted. It was the quickest car I'd ever been in... I managed to convince the old man to buy it. Any way he got fed up with all the boy racers sitting on his rear so he told me he was going to get rid of it..I Made my move and the car was mine.
    Fast forward 20 years. My MG was long dead and I found myself looking at one on ebay needless to say I had to win it and I did she's in bad shape but so am I lol let the restoration begin any advice and pointer greatly appreciated
    Thank for reading

Welcome Twicedaily76. I can see a lot of parallels with your ebay purchase and mine. I bought mine blind, something I've never done before, and found that pictures do tell lies!

You'll find that we are a very helpful bunch regarding any problems you may have. The only word of warning I can pass on now, is not to be surprised when you find an important part you need for your renovation is No Longer Available. This list is getting longer almost by the day!!

The other things that I would suggest are absolutely invaluable is an Electronic Parts Catalogue (EPC) and either both a Haynes Maestro and Montego workshop manuals, or the proper BL ones with supplements.

Why not put a marker for your Maestro on our map of the world? Please see the second link in my sig on how to add yourself.
    Membership Secretary
    Join the M&MOC | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

1990 MG Maestro Turbo #436 (To keep me occupied in retirement)
    2023 Hyundai Tucson Ultimate Hybrid(Daily run-around)
    1974 Austin Allegro Semi-works Rally Car

You know you are getting old when your knees buckle and your belt doesn't

Comment

thanks

Hi Sussex Pete

Thanks for your reply. For some reason I could never bring myself to part with the genuine rover workshop manual. I thankswas so happy when I found that in the shed

Comment

welcome to the club..

any pictures? this wouldn't be the BRG maestro turbo that had been sat in field was on ebay last week?
        MG Maestro turbo 437
        367 Bhp

Comment

Hi Stuart, Welcome to the forum and good luck with the restoration. I'm sure if you need any advice or parts the guys on here will help you out if they can. Look forward to seeing the completed project. Regards, John.

Comment

Originally posted by charliecosworth View Post
            welcome to the club..

any pictures? this wouldn't be the BRG maestro turbo that had been sat in field was on ebay last week?
            Thanks charliecosworth

Yes the very one. Pictures will follow shortly

Comment

Hi John

Thanks for the welcome. It will be a while before any real progress happens . It is going to need stripping to assess the rot first

Comment

Look forward to see how this one develops.

Being fairly new to this myself, how do you get hold of an Electronic Parts Catalogue? Sounds a lot better than microfiche.

Nick

Comment

Thanks Nick RS.

I would also like to know how to get hold of EPC?

Comment

good luck with the restoration of this car.looking at the e-bay pixs its a big job.i hope your able to get the panels and parts for the car.be nice to see every stage of the rebuild regards dave

Comment

Originally posted by Nick RS View Post
                      Look forward to see how this one develops.

Being fairly new to this myself, how do you get hold of an Electronic Parts Catalogue? Sounds a lot better than microfiche.

Nick
                      I can let you have a copy for a moderate fee. Be aware though that it will only run on a Windows XP computer. Any later operating system won't recognise the app on the CD.
                      Membership Secretary
                      Join the M&MOC | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

1990 MG Maestro Turbo #436 (To keep me occupied in retirement)
                      2023 Hyundai Tucson Ultimate Hybrid(Daily run-around)
                      1974 Austin Allegro Semi-works Rally Car

You know you are getting old when your knees buckle and your belt doesn't

Comment

Cheers BIGDAVE

Comment

Originally posted by Sussex Pete View Post
                          I can let you have a copy for a moderate fee. Be aware though that it will only run on a Windows XP computer. Any later operating system won't recognise the app on the CD.
                          thank Sussex Pete for the kind offer. I run either Apple OS or later windows so will have to pass for the time being but it's worth knowing that it is available.

Nick

Comment

Working...
                          X