Hello from Devon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Devon

Hi there, i have been registered for a while but never owned a maestro or montego ( or even been active on the forum), however have very recently purchased a 1989 Maestro 700 L Van. I am planning to pick it up on Wednesday, but have a couple of pictures i took when viewing:
    (sorry the pics are a bit small, the internet is rubbish here and would take hours else!)

Its only a 1275 4 speed but just makes working on it so simple however being the L version it does have a cigarette lighter! I plan to spruce it up and be using it early next year.

Alex

your van looks solid enough and not much rust.how is it undernieth by the spring anchors

Comment

Hi and welcome to the forum. As BigDave alluded, you seem to have got yourself a sound motor and a nice easy winter project. It will be great to see it out and about, next year.

Now that you've bitten the bullet and become an owner, why not put a marker for your Maestro on our map of the world? Please see the second link in my sig on how to add yourself.
      Membership Secretary
      Join the M&MOC | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

1990 MG Maestro Turbo #436 (To keep me occupied in retirement)
      2023 Hyundai Tucson Ultimate Hybrid(Daily run-around)
      1974 Austin Allegro Semi-works Rally Car

You know you are getting old when your knees buckle and your belt doesn't

Comment

The van is pretty solid overall, although haven't had her on the ramp yet. It has got mot so can't be that bad the main rot I can see structurally is that the sills have been repaired poorly so I'm on the lookout for a set and on the rear arches the shock mounts have gone through, the spring hangars look fine, nice and solid. The other bits so far are a hole at the top of each A post inside the door shuts and a bit around the windscreen but nothing major, oh and a little bit on the bottom or the rear arches. The load bed looks almost perfect and the front floors look good I can't wait to get her home and clean her up! Will make such a difference!

Does anyone know where I can get sills or do normal maestro ones fit etc?

Alex

Comment

Working...
        X