New(ish) members tandy camper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New(ish) members tandy camper

Got this last year and have been meaning to show her off. Needs a little bit of TLC but dont most. A previous owner has been a member on here as she has an owners club sticker in the back window
    Attached Files

a nice camper van.have you any more pictures you could post

Comment

As above.. Your Tandy looks to be in very good nick, be interested in seeing more photos. I am restoring one at the moment & am undecided whether to try to return it to its original spec, or to improve it...It already has some "improvements" and there is not much information about these around, mine has 3 wheel trims the same as yours and one standard van one, so I'm guessing that Tandy may have added the trims..

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20160702_192948.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	2.72 MB
ID:	320461 For some reason i cant load pictures from my ipad and can only load pictures from my phone. Shes beginning to rot around the roof channels but the guy who does my mots says shes solid underneath. He reckons shes been treated with something. Reckon i might need some door seals soon. The missing wheel trim was caused by myself after taking it off to put some air in the tyre and then drove over it
        Went to a couple of VW shows with my friend last summer (hes got a 69 beetle) and couldnt believe the amount of people who came over to look at her!
        She needs a starter motor, ive posted a request in the classified ads
        Last edited by Cracatilla; 6th April 2017, 19:00.

Comment

If you need any pics of particular bits/areas i can sort them over the weekend for you

Comment

Looks good..the roof gutters do seem to go a bit where the high top is glued on...bad luck with the wheel trim...I think Rimmers may still have some genuine Rover full wheel trims for 13" wheels, which are not the same as your Tandy ones, but were quite cheap & look better than the centre caps that the vans came with.... You might find that this is all your starter needs http://www.repairkitsuk.com/3.html ...posting whole starters probably not cheap unless you find one that is local to you..

Comment

Originally posted by Cracatilla View Post
              If you need any pics of particular bits/areas i can sort them over the weekend for you
              Actually, the bit I'm interested in at the minute doesn't need a photo, on mine the leisure battery is behind the passenger seat and gas bottle behind drivers seat, I was wondering if this was the original location, as there are no vents for the gas bottle, which seems odd. I was thinking about putting the spare wheel on the back door (like the Phoenix camper) & putting the gas bottle and battery where the spare is now...
              Last edited by Doctordiesel77; 7th April 2017, 00:46.

Comment

Working...
              X