Amother Maestro Owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amother Maestro Owner

Well I am feeling very guilty as I have have talked a good friend of mine into buying a 1990 1.3 5 speed Maestro as it was too good an opportunity to miss as the body is pretty solid and its only done 30,000 miles. Apart from a few dings and bruises all it needed was a new exhaust a good service and a track rod end for MOT.

All in all if he didn't buy it I probably would have as I used to have use of a Turbo Technik tuned Montego which was fabulous back in the mid 80's and used to take us everywhere.

In fact I am starting to feel the loss LOL!!! so for all you lucky owners out there I just wanted to say hello.

Its been quite a while since I have worked on A series engines let alone Maestro's so I am looking forward to catching up and learning a little more and one of the first jobs I promised my friend to look into is upgrading the Dizzy and coil to an electronic version. This one is fitted with a Lucas - electronic - 65DM4 and I am not sure what the piftalls are? but having read one thread on here it did seem there was a lot to take on board so any pointers would be most welcome. Oh and if are wonderin why its me on here and not him. He hates computers!! and as I said I am the guilty one!!!

Welcome to the forum. Hope your friend enjoys his car. If he doesn't you'll have to buy it from him!

Comment

Hello and welcome to the forum. There is a wealth of information from the members on here.

If you have worked on the A series before you should have no problems with maintenance and there is so much room in the engine bay compared to a mini !!

Good luck .

Comment

Distributor is electronic already.... so that's one job saved.

Comment

Working...
        X