Hello from France

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from France

My little montego excuse its wheel trims... i have owned her since July and cant fault it, lots of little jobs to sort but overall i'm chuffed.

Met Therese

Very nice, like the boot lip spoiler, what part of France are you from?
    1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
    1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
    1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
    2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
    2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

Comment

thanks its made by formuling, not sure if it was actually produced for the car or another model, me and my 8 volkswagens, 3 horses, 3 kids, 2 dogs and a cat live currently in the charente near angouleme

Comment

Ah right, not been that far down in France for a long time, the nearest we've been is Oradour sur glane and the Dordogne region. I do know of another Montego in France

Comment

hi thanks, yes i've been to oradour a few times over the years, i know of 3 montego's around here but they are all estates, some more photos of mine

Comment

One wouldn't happen to be Sam Polls estate would it?

Comment

i know someone called chris with 2 late estates, who im hoping to do a trade with, the other i'm not sure of the owners name but but was a L reg Red LX Estate, sadly not for sale, was giving it to his grandson to rag around the woods (will try again in a year or so lol)

afew more pictures of mine

Comment

Wintermode, like summermode but colder and dirtier..

Comment

Originally posted by VWPowered View Post
                  thanks its made by formuling, not sure if it was actually produced for the car or another model, me and my 8 volkswagens, 3 horses, 3 kids, 2 dogs and a cat live currently in the charente near angouleme
                  Angouleme is beautiful, I worked 16 years for Emerson Electric we owned Leroy Somer, I visited and worked there quite a lot. Lovely Montego, enjoy !!

Comment

small world thanks

i also now have this one... it's green.

Comment

Blimey, where did you find that? Plenty of cleaning needed there then

Comment

i had an advert up looking for montego parts, went to look at said parts but owner would only let the whole vehicle go, rather than type up a whole story i did blog post for it here
                        Well afew weeks back, i drove 100kms to look for some parts for my Montego and seemed to have purchased the whole vehicle (well they are now very rare), transport was arranged it was time to bring it back home and see what exactly we have purchased. Some photos from my first visit, note how…

Comment

on another note, one hits 80,000kms with no issues, but the countryman has other ideas

Comment

Interesting blog there, very good reading and I'm guessing your fixing the countryman?

Comment

not sure as its quiet far gone for me to simply fix and use daily, but its got some good parts (uncracked dash etc), its rarity here being the only one this colour is its saving grace, i've got the car now so feel no pressure to do anything immédiate, to be fair i'm just gathering as many parts as i can find around here before people bin them, however i may just be a guardian for the next few years until if i can find someone willing to take on a hard resto one day as the vehicle simply becomes rarer and rarer, its not under trees any more, the climate here is quite good which means covered over it shouldnt rust any more

Originally posted by VWPowered View Post
                              L reg Red LX Estate, sadly not for sale, was giving it to his grandson to rag around the woods (will try again in a year or so lol)
                              guess what... his grandson crashed it, but its now mine, 1994 2.0 LXi 7 Seater

Comment

Working...
                              X