Mg maestro 2.0 EFI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mg maestro 2.0 EFI

Hi, after 10 years under a sheet in a barn a white maestro is in the later stages of a referb , have had many jobs done ,mainly paint , repairing
    storage damage , new windscreen , new window rubbers , had the alloys referred , has moved to a garage for mechanical investigations,
    the car was driven to the garage under it own power , the mechanic was surprised how well it handled and drove ,more news soon ,

Originally posted by Farmer paul View Post
    Hi, after 10 years under a sheet in a barn a white maestro is in the later stages of a referb , have had many jobs done ,mainly paint , repairing
    storage damage , new windscreen , new window rubbers , had the alloys referred , has moved to a garage for mechanical investigations,
    the car was driven to the garage under it own power , the mechanic was surprised how well it handled and drove ,more news soon ,
    Very good news, another about to be back on the road
    1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
    1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
    1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
    2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
    2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

Comment

Sounds like another one rescued!! Having recently bought an EFi, I am amazed how good a car it is. OK, the dash rattles.... OK the carpets are made from recycled dish cloths, BUT the car goes well in todays traffic, and must have been really good fun 32 years ago, it handles really well and loves being thrown into a roundabout, and is comfortable and quiet. Moreover, it is pretty simple (ever looked at a Citroen GS??) and has a cassette player so I have an excuse to dig out that box of nostalgia from under the stairs. I would love to find a passenger sunvisor (mines damaged) and a means of refixing the red stripe to the drivers seat.. any suggestions?? I also need a bit of advice.... the gear change is good, with very little slop fore and aft, but the side to side lost motion is a bit more than i would have expected. Is this the norm, or is there an adjustment in the linkage, or a known "weak link" that can be sorted?? Having had a few MG over the years, from a 14/40 to an RV8, i must say that the EFi has to be one of the last great secrets in the Classic car world..... get one ASAP before the World wakes up!
      Is there such a thing a as Maestro load liner?? I would love to use the EFi more, including taking the large Golden Retriever, but I am loathed to spend a weekend unpicking the dog hair from the aforementioned blotting paper carpets.
      And is it easy to retrofit electric windows... and were electric windows fitted to any derivative as OE or options?? Many thanks

Comment

Sunvisors are a bit rare to find now, but if yours is dark grey I may have one spare. The red stripe can be sorted, it should be red velour and have a look at this thread https://maestro.org.uk/forums/forum/...-montego-turbo Gear linkage may need the bushes changed, inserting electric windows, front or rear?
        1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
        1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
        1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
        2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
        2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

Comment

I have used this company for my Golden Retrievers over the years
          http://www.overthetop.co.uk/?gclid=C...hoCr0sQAvD_BwE
          Sure & steadfast.
          BMC/BL Rally 2008.First prize 1980s onward.
          1988 Montego Estate 1600L Atlantic Blue From new Daily runner
          1979 Triumph Dolomite 1500HL Pagent Blue From new 76.000 milesNow out of Hibination and into Restoration

Comment

Working...
          X