Well the mileage is not right on e bay to low
      You should report him
      1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
      1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
      1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
      2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
      2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

Comment

No not that vindictive will let it run it’s course it’s not my problem now

Comment

Its not being vindictive. If it is only a few hundred then fair enough but if its been clocked by thousands you may be protecting a new prospective member from a potential disastrous bill . For what its worth !

Comment

Well it’s 1500 miles I got a video of the speedo the wife videotaped the dashboard when she was inside the car

Comment

Hi ,
              I had the pleasure of doing abit of work on what is a great car, Sid proper credit, but yes it does run very nicely now and ready for mot all recommissioned and undersealed, Steve was going to keep it and get it painted and of course a mot but never got that far as bloke who has it now is just using it to promote his business,his uncle owns the car now and loves it,, see not knowing all the story creates all sorts conclusions..

Comment

Originally posted by keithmgs3 View Post
                Hi ,
                I had the pleasure of doing abit of work on what is a great car, Sid proper credit, but yes it does run very nicely now and ready for mot all recommissioned and undersealed, Steve was going to keep it and get it painted and of course a mot but never got that far as bloke who has it now is just using it to promote his business,his uncle owns the car now and loves it,, see not knowing all the story creates all sorts conclusions..
                Nice to have this cleared up Keith, and good to chat mate. Enjoy the off yellow Maestro lol
                1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
                1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
                1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
                2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
                2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

Comment

is that why it’s on eBay for sale now

Comment

Hi guys, I am new here, I went to view this Maestro Turbo at the weekend. It looks a very honest and straight example, a little bit scruffy in places but nothing serious. It does seem at the higher end of the price bracket so I have been mulling it over. I would be really interested to get more info on the car and would value advice from anyone who is familiar with it. Sid, I would be really keen to talk to you about your time with the car and get as much background as I can. If you are happy to talk to me please message me so we can arrange a suitable time ? I am looking for a long term purchase of an 80s hot hatch to keep for dry weekends. Many Thanks in advance and Best Wishes, Nick

Comment

You haven't said if you have a good working knowledge (or not) of Maestros, Nick. If you have, then great: you will no exactly what to look for on the car. If you have not, then there are people on this forum with in-depth knowledge of running, repairing and restoring these cars and they will be only too happy to help. My main concerns on this car at £13.5 k would be how much work has been done on it recently to make it safe and reliable to use on the road (after being laid up for well over 10 years) and have any body repairs been done in the past that will need re-doing again over the next couple of years once the car starts getting used again? In which case a sub-£10k car with more obvious signs of needing body repairs might actually be a better buy!
                      1983 (Y) MG 1600
                      1985 MG EFi with digital dash (owned since 1987)
                      1987 700 City 1.6 Van
                      1988 Tandy camper 2.0D
                      1990 Advantage, just 29k on the clock
                      1990 Clubman D
                      1990 MG 2.0i (spares donor)

(all Maestros)

Daily drive: Rover 25 GTi

Weekend rave: Honda Civic Type R GT

Current projects: Allegro 1.7HLS, Allegro Equipe

Comment

Good Evening digital efi, many thanks for your reply. As you probably suspect my knowledge of Maestro's is limited, I have never owned one but have always had a liking for the MG Turbo since they first came out in the 80s. I have owned a lot of cars over the years though and not so long ago purchased a similar era Vauxhall Astra GTE which ended up needing a lot of work to bring up to scratch. I am concerned that this car has been laid up for a very long time apparently without servicing or MOTs. I would also be concerned about spending £13k+ on a car with no MOT. However the fact that Sid is clearly an enthusiast and he had owned the car from virtually brand new gives me a good vibe. I am a little unclear how the car has gone from Sid's garage to being advertised on eBay so quickly so I would like to clarify what has been done in that time, certainly I could see that the wheels had just been refurbished and new tyres fitted.

Overall the car seemed pretty solid. The paintwork did look aged in places as would be expected on a 31 year old unrestored car and there were rust bubbles at the bottom of the doors. However the arches and cills seemed solid and the underside was recently undersealed. The engine bay was very dirty but I was assured it was running very well. I think a full service and cambelt change would be the first order of the day. The interior was very good, all original, no rips or tears and the headlining in place, just needed a clean really. They are such rare cars now, I can't recall the last time I saw one on the road.

Comment

Working...
                        X