Rover montego advantage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rover montego advantage

Hi guys I’ve just found this and as a previous owner of an mg metro late 87 in red and a rover montego advantage in black was wondering if maybe either were still surviving today the metro was E349BVO and the advantage was H591BNC loved both cars the advantage replaced the metro as it was becoming too small for the expanding family drove it for approx 6 years but swapped it due to too many miles on the clock and travelling 35 miles a day to work and back what with fuel prices keep rising in the mid 90s the car only averaged 25 mpg so opted for a diesel for Orion but loved the montego ,I bought it at auction original one owner swan national car hire had 65000 on the clock when I bought it only 2 years old it was a rare black one but had the external white advantage stickers missing the story was according to the manufacturers was it was the last one produced and rover ran out of the stickers so left it without them but it was ever so powerful used to run from alfreton to Nottingham and back on the m1 daily between1995 and 2000.I remember getting injured in a work related accident in 1995 and spending a week in the Qmaster hospital on the first night wife and her friend came to visit and in them days hospitals didn’t have patient tv but you could have one brought in wife and her friend had picked the car up from my work before visiting so off they went home to fetch the portable tv they had gone there and back in 35 minutes,in later years wife said her mate who drove the car had been doing 90 on the motorway without even knowing it and before that I had never driven over 70 mph

Neither car has been taxed since 1998 and aren't sorn so I doubt if they still exists
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 27th June 2022, 21:05.
    1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
    1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
    1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
    2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
    2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
    2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

Working...
    X