First time Montego Owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First time Montego Owner

I just picked up a Montego, always fancied either a maestro or montego and now I've gotten a hold of one!

I've had around 25 cars from preludes too American imports, but I've only owned two rovers, a pair of automatic 820s, a coupe and a saloon. I loved them and knew I had to try more British cars!
    ​​​​​​
    ​​​​​​It is a 1994 countryman with a O series engine, And it seems in good shape. It always seems like people keep maestros and cherish them but every montego I come across is a running or non running project.

​​​​​​​When this one came up for what I consider a reasonable price I snapped it up, it appears to be pretty solid by these cars standards. But there is a lot to still address. Whoever owned the car has been keeping on top of rust where it has sprung up, but it means there is blotches of newer paint all over. It has prevented the panels from just rotting out however.
    ​ ​​​​​​​ Click image for larger version

Name:	pQmrkV7.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	2.13 MB
ID:	335680
    I've been working through the car identifying what it needs and trying to buy up panels for it as it needs welding!

For now I'm just focusing on getting everything electrical working and servicing it. Making good progress with some newer door solenoids out a land rover defender!

Hopefully I can make some good progress with it and take. It to some shows!

Looks to be in pretty good nick judging by the photo, will be an economy car compared to some on your list, I remember my Prelude liking a drink!

Comment

Working...
    X