Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having had a Maestro 1300, and EFI, and 4 Montegos back in the day, I have taken on a forlorn vandalised MG Montego 2.0i, and am looking for various parts including a left hand rear 1/4 window and a windscreen. I have a number of body panels available to swap, and also a number of sets of Maestro and Montego parts microfiche slides, as I used to work for a dealer. Gerry.

I should have the rear quarter glass & a firm in Leeds have new windscreens (about £150 iirc), whereabouts in the country are you?

Comment

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you, have been away from home. I'm in the West of Scotland, North of Glasgow. Would be happy to buy a NSR quarter window from you, and would like to know more about the windscreen - Rimmers looking for £400 !
      Thanks, Gerry.

Comment

Hello Doctordiesel77

You have mentioned a firm in Leeds who might have a front screen for a Montego.
        I would be interested in making contact with them to find out if they can supply me with one, as I know I shall be needing one very soon, thereby can I have their contact details?
        By the way another firm called Cheltenham windscreens in the Cotswold, have mentioned to me that they have "almost" all the glass for the Montego and Maestro but Not the front screen.

many thanks for your help
        kind regards
        Africar

Comment

The firm in Leeds is Yorkshire trade windscreens 53 Miles Hill Crescent
          Leeds
          West Yorkshire
          LS7 2EU

Phone: 01133930668
          but I think that the Montego ones are all gone now.. I guess worth a ring though & they might get more if there was any demand. This firm https://www.heatedwindscreen.com/ just had some heated ones made, I think minimum order is just 6, but they were £300 each, plus delivery.. Cheltenham windscreens sounds as though it could be a useful place...

Comment

Dr Diesel,

you mentioned a while ago that you might have a left rear 1/4 glass for a montego saloon. I'm still looking for one if you're prepared to risk posting it?

Gerry.

Comment

Originally posted by 2manymotors View Post
              Dr Diesel,

you mentioned a while ago that you might have a left rear 1/4 glass for a montego saloon. I'm still looking for one if you're prepared to risk posting it?

Gerry.
              I'll see if I can find one, the first place I looked only had Maestro ones in..if you're not doing a concourse rebuild I'll have a spare windscreen with a non mot fail crack in it after I've fitted the heated screen to my estate...

Comment

Thanks, the rear 1/4 glass is the biggy, as I know where there's an estate lurking with a screen. I'm trying to get all the missing parts before I get too far into this. Good to see the turbo getting restored on Bangers and Cash. Gerry.
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                X