New Maestro owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Maestro owner

Hi All, I have recently purchased a 1988 Maestro 1.3L, this was a major nostalgia trip having owned 3 brand new Maestros between 1983 and 1991. Actually my "new" car isn't far off actually being new in most respects. One of the very few issues is the non functioning radio cassette which I would like to remedy. It powers up, ie illuminates but only rustles and the display is largely blank. Can anyone point me in the direction of a suitable replacement, or repairer? Preserving the original appearance is something I would like to achieve. Secondly, I will probably join the owners club in full but can't really ascertain what the benefits are. Perhaps someone could shed some light on this?

Regards, Steven

Further to my "new member" forum message yesterday, I have now paid my £20 subs so am a full member of the owners club! My comments re membership benefits may well be redundant now. It was just that there doesn't appear to be any separate log in areas within the website for paid up owners club members. In addition to my request for assistance in respect to my radio cassette, where does a Maestro owner obtain maintenance spares? I'm thinking fan belt, hoses, filters etc. Thanks in anticipation, Steven.

Comment

Hi and welcome. There are a few companies that repair radio/cassettes but that would depend on your location. What radio is it as there are many differences ?
      1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
      1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
      1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
      2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
      2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
      2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

Hi Jeff, the radio cassette is a Philips R570. I live in Lincolnshire. I have heard of companies who retain the external appearance but renew the internals with up to date technology. That is a possible Avenue to approach. Of course I can make my own enquiries but first thought that many other Maestro and Montego owners must have been there before me! Thanks for the "welcome " by the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Smitch View Post
          Hi Jeff, the radio cassette is a Philips R570. I live in Lincolnshire. I have heard of companies who retain the external appearance but renew the internals with up to date technology. That is a possible Avenue to approach. Of course I can make my own enquiries but first thought that many other Maestro and Montego owners must have been there before me! Thanks for the "welcome " by the way.
          There's a guy in lincoln high street near the roundabout who repairs radios as your in lincolnshire

Comment

Hi Jeff, yes I spotted that car radio shop with an online search. Do you have any personal knowledge of the guy? Any tips re spares?

Comment

Originally posted by Smitch View Post
              Hi Jeff, yes I spotted that car radio shop with an online search. Do you have any personal knowledge of the guy? Any tips re spares?
              I've used him before and he's very good. You can get replacement radio cassettes as I'm sure they're on ebay, but try him if you need. He doesn't open early btw

Comment

Working...
              X