Foxymerc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foxymerc

Hi all, My name is Nigel and I joined the club in August 23 and I am based in the Leyland area of Lancashire.I joined after purchasing a 1.6 Montego from another club member and I thought it would be a good idea to join the club for all the usual reasons and also to find out what other members there are in my area if any. I am also a member of the Lancashire Vehicle Club (LVC) which meets once a month locally on 1st Monday of the month at The Poachers, off Lostock Lane opp Sainsburys Store and a regular attender at the St Catherines meet down the road from the Poachers which is the 2nd Sun day of the month which has a great mix of classics cars attending. Regarding my Montego it is running fine currently and will shortly be going for its MOT , the only downside being I have managed to break a nearside rear bracket on the sliding tin sunroof so it will have to come out shortly to either repair or replace that bracket so would appreciate if anybody has any parts for these sunroof apertures. I can be contacted on 07853568303 if any members have any info or want details of the aforementioned meets etc, cheers Nigel

Hi Nigel
    Welcome. Which part is broken on the sunroof as I'm not sure what part you mean. There are a few Montego/Maestro owners around Lancashire, Blackpool etc.
    1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
    1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
    1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
    2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
    2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
    2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

Hi, Thanks for the welcome and your reply. The bracket is one of two at the rear of the sunroof panel, one on the nearside and one on the offside and are where the brackets that control the tilting sit on. In my case it is he nearside one and it was my fault as I didn't think they were locating properly in the slides as the panel was seating a little low at the rear end so I was concerned about possible water ingress into the roof area if it rained. I tried to ' encourage ' the nearside bracket a little with a screwdriver blade and heh presto it just fractured - most annoying. I will either have to find a new one or take the broken bracket out to possibly get it repaired although to get to it properly it might need the whole sunroof cassette coming out. Looks fairly simple to get the sunroof panel out after the cloth covering trim has been removed - thats if I can avoid breaking the clips ! so might have better access then. Its the only bit letting the car down currently but is due in for M OT shortly so might be a little premature, Regards Nigel

Comment

Originally posted by Foxymerc View Post
        Hi, Thanks for the welcome and your reply. The bracket is one of two at the rear of the sunroof panel, one on the nearside and one on the offside and are where the brackets that control the tilting sit on. In my case it is he nearside one and it was my fault as I didn't think they were locating properly in the slides as the panel was seating a little low at the rear end so I was concerned about possible water ingress into the roof area if it rained. I tried to ' encourage ' the nearside bracket a little with a screwdriver blade and heh presto it just fractured - most annoying. I will either have to find a new one or take the broken bracket out to possibly get it repaired although to get to it properly it might need the whole sunroof cassette coming out. Looks fairly simple to get the sunroof panel out after the cloth covering trim has been removed - thats if I can avoid breaking the clips ! so might have better access then. Its the only bit letting the car down currently but is due in for M OT shortly so might be a little premature, Regards Nigel
        If you can put a picture up I may have a spare so I know what part it is

Comment

Hi , Thanks for the reply re the photo and sorry only just replying but been unwell for a few days but getting over it now and out and about shortly. I have had to put back the MOT on the Montego as a result to next week so I will take a photo of the area the bracket resides in whilst in the daylight and hopefully be able to post it. Scouring the ads for a few spares that might be useful currently but the guy nearest on ebay to me at Skipton whilst having a number of bits doesn't seem to want to answer any messages or queries re parts offered so a bit frustrating. Regards Nigel

Comment

Originally posted by Foxymerc View Post
            Hi , Thanks for the reply re the photo and sorry only just replying but been unwell for a few days but getting over it now and out and about shortly. I have had to put back the MOT on the Montego as a result to next week so I will take a photo of the area the bracket resides in whilst in the daylight and hopefully be able to post it. Scouring the ads for a few spares that might be useful currently but the guy nearest on ebay to me at Skipton whilst having a number of bits doesn't seem to want to answer any messages or queries re parts offered so a bit frustrating. Regards Nigel
            That's Adrian, I'm surprised he hasn't answered your eBay messages though.

Comment

Working...
            X