Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• heat plugs electrical

hi there i have a turbo van
    ignition on heat light came on turned over the van nothing found there was no fuel getting to engine changed the fuel lift pump that was fixed went to start van no heat light on dash board wont start checked fuses seem ok but not sure how you no the transformer ones are not working is it something else can i by pass to test something??????????? thanx

Is there any voltage to the plugs when you turn the ignition on with a cold engine? If there is then the bulb may be faulty in the dash or the wiring to it possibly. If not then check the main power feed for the glow plugs. They take a lot of current.
    www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
    www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
    www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

thanx for help will have a look

Comment

Hi,

Even if all the heater plugs were not worrking the engine should still start, it would just take a little bit more turning over before it starts.

The engines were tested in development for starting without glow plugs down to -20 degrees C with no probs. The glow plugs were added to give near petrol engine starting charachteristics in all conditions.

If the engine won't start check that there is voltage to the stop solenoid and that it is actually working.

Comment

Originally posted by G Force View Post
          Hi,

Even if all the heater plugs were not worrking the engine should still start, it would just take a little bit more turning over before it starts.
          Yep...I used to have a boat with a Volvo diesel engine with no heater plugs, it would take a while in winter to start, but no problems in summer.

Comment

Working...
          X