Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Missing hose/smoke from rocker cover?????
Collapse
X
-
If your engine is a 1300 A series, then the foil hose would have been connected to the air cleaner to provide warm(er) air for the engine after initial start up. Its not an absolute requirement, but better if replaced.
As for your smokin' rocker cover - when/how do you see the smoke? Depending on that answer, we may be able to give you some pointers
Club Secretary
Join the M&MOC | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)
1990 MG Maestro Turbo #436 (To keep me occupied in retirement)
2011 MINI Countryman Cooper S All4 (Daily run-around)
1974 Austin Allegro Semi-works Rally Car
You know you are getting old when your knees buckle and your belt doesn't
-
Hi,
Thanks for your reply guys.
I have no idea why it has been cut off lol. The smoke from near the rocker cover I noticed when i started my van this morning after several months sitting off road. It seem to come from the rocker cover gasket area, however it is a bit oily there if I'm honest which doesn't help.
Cheers, Stevie
Comment

Comment