Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting Keys Cut?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Mathew, I sent you a PM.

    Comment


    • #32
      Got a key cut just down the road from me the other day for my Montego at the little cobbler shop. They had the Rover style blanks. £3.50

      Comment


      • #33
        Hello - I just called the garage that offered this service. They informed me that they no longer have their MG-Rover parts counter, so can no longer offer this service.

        So unfortunately that avenue is closed.

        Comment


        • #34
          Someone somewhere must have access to the codes. I wonder if Nick Bonthrone at Austin garages http://www.austingarages.co.uk/ could shed any light?

          Basically the cut code is a 10 digit pattern referring to the shape of the key determined by the depth of the teeth at 10 strategic places along the blade. This then cross refers to a numeric key tag code which always on our cars begins with a 4 to denote the key groove orientation.
          M&MOC Committee Member - Archivist
          Join the M&MOC | Visit the Club Shop | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Simon View Post
            Someone somewhere must have access to the codes. I wonder if Nick Bonthrone at Austin garages http://www.austingarages.co.uk/ could shed any light?

            Basically the cut code is a 10 digit pattern referring to the shape of the key determined by the depth of the teeth at 10 strategic places along the blade. This then cross refers to a numeric key tag code which always on our cars begins with a 4 to denote the key groove orientation.
            That is right.

            And I agree, someone will have the kit somewhere. I'm surprised if they don't come up on eBay like that Fastcheck equipment. They come in a similar box like a little plastic briefcase.

            Comment

            Working...
            X