No announcement yet.

Maestro Turbo not boosting past 3750 rpm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuelling has had a lot of attention; new race tank in the spare wheel well, external swirl pot alongside it, lift pump and HP pump also in there. We've increased the size of the fuel lines to ensure good flow volumes.
    Put a Lucas test box on it this evening, crank sensor and knock sensor both passed test OK.
    We currently suspect a duff fuel ECU - does anyone have a known good spare for sale please?
    midget1380@btinternet.com

Comment

It's the ignition ECU as the fuel ECU only does the stepper motor.
      *****MG Maestro Turbo # 496*****
      Follow me at
      FourNineSix

Comment

I have a spare Al - £15 free p/p.....?

www.mgmaestroturbo.com Home of the Twincharged Maestro.

2014 Vauxhall Mokka 4x4 Turbo - Tech line

Comment

Pm sent. Thanks Mike.
          Follow me at
          FourNineSix

Comment

Hi is the float chamber vent solenoid still fitted and working correctly, i.e. not open to atmosphere with the ignition on?

Comment

Originally posted by G Force View Post
              Hi is the float chamber vent solenoid still fitted and working correctly, i.e. not open to atmosphere with the ignition on?
              It is still fitted but not checked that it is working correctly.

Could I just blank it off? Would that just mean run-on offer switching off?

Thanks.
              Follow me at
              FourNineSix

Comment

I had a similar problem with mine,after I blanked if of it ran better and it has been blanked of now for about four years giving me no problems

Comment

Originally posted by hairyone View Post
                  I had a similar problem with mine,after I blanked if of it ran better and it has been blanked of now for about four years giving me no problems
                  Interesting. Thanks Mick.
                  Follow me at
                  FourNineSix

Comment

Originally posted by EVO AL View Post
                    It's the ignition ECU as the fuel ECU only does the stepper motor.
                    yes, what I meant - brainfade due to the late hour of posting!
                    midget1380@btinternet.com

Comment

It is still fitted but not checked that it is working correctly.

Could I just blank it off? Would that just mean run-on offer switching off?

Thanks.
                      Blank it off with a short length of pipe and a bolt to be sure. It will be more difficult to restart when parked up hot (fuel vapourisation), but mine has been like this for many years. You just have to crank it a bit more to re-fill the fload bowl.
                      www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
                      www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
                      www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

Pm sent. Thanks Mike.
                        If it is duff don't bin the old one just yet. I may have a plan for the dead/old one
                        www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
                        www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
                        www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

Thanks for all your thoughts about the problem, I spent all day Saturday at the Abingdon Sprint and changed everything but the carb to try and sort the running issue out.

I have a new carb and will be fitting it this week so fingers crossed!!!!

Follow me at
                          FourNineSix

Comment

Just to update this thread, I changed the Carb but still the same issue under load in 3rd on boost on the dyno.

The only thing not changed or / checked are now the small boost lines within the engine bay and the engine it's self. We did check the timing but maybe need to revisit it.

She is currently locked away for the winter months and not road worthy which makes it difficult to fix. I guess in the new year I'll have to bring her home and finally get my head round this problem and use it for some events.

All the best.
                            Last edited by EVO AL; 21st December 2017, 13:54.
                            Follow me at
                            FourNineSix

Comment

Have you tried the air temp sensor and checked the accelerator pedal switch Al? Also is the one way valve leaking?
                              Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 21st December 2017, 20:26.
                              1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
                              1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
                              1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
                              2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
                              2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
                              2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Turbo View Post
                                Have you tried the air temp sensor and checked the accelerator pedal switch Al? Also is the one way valve leaking?
                                Hi Jeff, Thanks and no I've not checked them too.
                                The air temp is only part of the choke/stepper motor I think so probably not that. Is there deffo an accelerator pedal switch?
                                Follow me at
                                FourNineSix

Comment

Working...
                                X