No announcement yet.

Identifying engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think Ledbury (this was another company who made Maestros until recently, if you search the forums there is plenty to read about the company) every registered on a N plate. So my suspicions are this is an apple 2000 model.

If so I am not aware of an apple 2000 maestro in the club

Would anyone else care to say if they think its a Ledbury or an Apple 2000?
    Rover 200 and 400 Owners Club (for wedge shape rovers, including coupe, tourer and cabriolet). - www.rover200.org.uk

Comment

What are the last letters of the registration number? If it is RVJ then it'll be a ledbury but a very odd early one. It could also be an apple maestro which were cars destined for export that came back and some were converted to RHD and others weren't.

Are there any tell tale signs like the wrong door mirrors or the wipers being parked on the wrong side to usual? Any chances of a photo of the whole car?
      www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
      www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
      www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

Originally posted by geaves
        I've got some more info on the car:

Date of first reg 01/06/99 (Decl/d manuf 1996)

VIN/Chassis No SAXXCHWD8**80179

(Ok the 2 asterisks should be A V)

Geoff

You have an 'Apple 2000' Maestro there...

After Rover stopped producing the Maestro in 1994, it made reappearance on the market two more times. These versions are noted as being 'Apple 2000 Maestros' and 'Ledbury Maestros'.

Apple 2000 Maestros were sold with windscreen wipers set up for the LHD market, so basically it would have swept a greater area of the windscreen on the passenger side. They were also sold with LHD wing mirrors, meaning you wouldn’t have seen very much from them! I would suppose that converting these two items would have been done to your car in the past, as it is an easy mod and would have made the car more usable. The alloy wheels have been added at some point too. It originally came with 14" steel wheels with a nice set of wheel trims.

You can identify an Apple 2000 Maestro, as it will have a number plate after but not including M reg - in this case, N - and will have a Rover vin number (like yours) beginning SAXXCHW...

Just for the record, a Ledbury Maestro will have a number plate from and including R registration right up to 51 reg, and its vin number will be non Rover and start B10S...

Comment

Working...
        X