Roof Biscuit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roof Biscuit

Right as I don't seem be able to get a good roof biscuit for a sunroof fitted Maestro is it possible to repair one ? its had a rear corner snapped off ( about two foot square which I still have ) and crack's/splits around the front interior light.
    Or is it possible to convert a non sunroof biscuit ? as I seen one on eBay that could be used if it's possible to change it to a sunroof model

Hi Paul, it is possible to repair it. I use cheap superglue to bind together then stick a piece of material on the upper side. The material that you're going to recover it with should be ok to make a double strength repair. Have a look at my guide http://maestro.org.uk/forums/forum/t...g-on-a-montego post number 12, you have to remember there is no weight on it once back in the car
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 31st January 2017, 14:23.
    1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
    1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
    1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
    2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
    2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
    2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

Thanks Jeff I wasn't sure if glue may of softened or melted the back as I was if it was more than one type of material pressed together

Comment

Originally posted by Paul72 View Post
        Thanks Jeff I wasn't sure if glue may of softened or melted the back as I was if it was more than one type of material pressed together
        Should be ok Paul. Do you have a picture of the whole thing and the damage?

Comment

thats the only photo of it I have with me just now

Comment

That should repair Paul. I'm guessing if you try and put together there are no large missing parts. I've repaired worse than that. Strip all of the headlining material off first then glue together.

Comment

Rgr that Jeff, I'll give that a go then and no there's no bits missing luckily

Comment

Working...
              X