No announcement yet.

Mechanical Fuel Pump - MG Maestro 1600 R-Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would guess at 8mm, easiest way to check is with an 8mm open ended spanner, if it is a sliding fit on the stubs but will not slide off the end where the diameter increases, then 8mm, if you have a 7mm spanner try it too, if it wont go on then definately 8mm... easier than trying to measure with a tape, if you want to be super accurate you could use a vernier caliper, but there is not much point, you only need to measure to the nearest mm..

Comment

That's a good idea - I have an adjustable spanner (which I don't use much because they damage the bolts) and that has a measurement gauge in mm on it.

Comment

even better

Comment

I am dire need of these new hoses now because the old hoses, which I trimmed to get rid of the frayed edges, are bursting under the pressure. So when I fix one join, a leak appears elsewhere as the next weakest point is exposed.

I guess this cannot be said enough - don't gamble on old hoses! I have been lucky because I was just testing the engine on the drive and was able to turn off the engine quickly and have escaped with just a spillage on my drive.

Comment

Working...
          X