Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GEAR LINKAGE LUBRICATION

Hi

Anyone know of an available lubricant for the Maestro gear linkage? I'm not having any luck searching for the "Solid lubricant paste white" to TL-VW-751 specification as recommended in the handbook

Thanks

I know unipart use to do one but thats no help now .unless theres a cross ref to something
    Sure & steadfast.
    BMC/BL Rally 2008.First prize 1980s onward.
    1988 Montego Estate 1600L Atlantic Blue From new Daily runner
    1979 Triumph Dolomite 1500HL Pagent Blue From new 76.000 milesNow out of Hibination and into Restoration

Comment

I use Wynns white grease, I like the aerosol version. It sprays on and doesn't drip or run and sets like a hard grease. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it for linkages. I think WD40 also do a similar product but I do like Wynns stuff!

Comment

Castrol PH but not that easy to find these days..someone used to sell it at Newark autojumble, any decent Morgan garage should be able to get it or an equivalent, it iss used on their sliding pillar suspension... The white spray grease is probably easier to handle though...

Comment

Thanks everyone for your help.

Comment

This will do the job

White Grease Water Repellent With Zinc Oxide For Auto & Marine Use 500g Tin https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B007D59C..._4HjNzbS8K40S1

Comment

know shouldnt post this here but a cautionary tale and cant get it owork elsewhere some not so kind person nicked my midnight blue just motd montie td estate in sheffield on 26th of july the police contacted me and told me it was flagged up as scrapped yesterday aug 21st it was declared scrapped on 6th of august but they and swansea whose carrier pigeons must have been on holiday couldnt tell me the scrapyard. later yesterdaya pc told me the scrapyards name and not to contact them as they would and it doesnt look good as i know the yard and it doesnt break cars only crushs them the moral to this tale boohoo is get a steering wheel clamp /immobiliser as cctv of it beeing stolen by 2 hoodies took them onlya couple of minutes to enter and start the car beware of anyone offering doors tailgate very dark midnight blue car is was very solid original archs good bonnet newish tailgate passed test no advisories absolutely gutted

Comment

Working...
              X