Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driveshaft query

Hii everyone

can any of the maestro guru’s help me on this. Are the driveshafts the same across the 1.3 and 1.6 engine and auto or manual.

Cant find any compatibility info anywhere and the workshop manual just gives you measurements for one shaft and doesnt state if its a manual or auto

thanks in advance

As far as I am aware the autos are different, the 1.3 and 1.6 manual are the same.

Comment

Ok thanks. Thought because it was a vw box they were the same. Thanks anyway

Comment

Originally posted by jh2001 View Post
        Ok thanks. Thought because it was a vw box they were the same. Thanks anyway
        According to the parts list you are right, all 1300/1600 auto/manual the same apart from the Police spec 1600

Comment

Originally posted by Doctordiesel77 View Post

According to the parts list you are right, all 1300/1600 auto/manual the same apart from the Police spec 1600
          So it is the same as VW then. Confused but that helps me out a lot, Thanks bud

Comment

I’m sure someone once charged me more for one for an auto, must have seen me coming!!!! Sorry for the duff info!

Comment

Originally posted by G4GLM View Post
              I’m sure someone once charged me more for one for an auto, must have seen me coming!!!! Sorry for the duff info!
              Not a problem mate. Im afraid you get people that will charge premium for parts they say are specific to a certain variant.

Comment

there seems to be a variety of part numbers for the outboard cv joints, but since they go into the same hub at one end and same driveshaft at the other they must be pretty similar.. the shafts and inboard joints were all same part number. bar th Police ones, which I guess may have had a bigger diameter shaft perhaps, but would probably still fit.

Comment

Working...
                X