Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wanted: Maestro Turbo 39 tooth speedo drive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted: Maestro Turbo 39 tooth speedo drive?

Come across one last hurdle. Been in contact with a pg1 builder and everything is planned and sorted except the speedo drive. The only one he has is a metal one and is part of the diff and he can’t get it off. I am getting a Quaife ATB differential fitted. On googling there seems to be a plastic one made but I can’t find one anywhere. I want the box ready built to bolt on so don’t want the extra labour costs of splitting my box and this box again, and to find out my box has the metal drive that can’t be removed. So has anyone got a plastic 39 tooth speedo drive or come to a solution to solve this problem. Will be getting fitted to a c6 box. Thanks Andrew
    MG Maestro Turbo #500
    BMW 335I M Sport Convertible
    Subaru Impreza Hawkeye Wagon
    Rover 218vvc Coupe

The metal ones I've come across could be removed, seem to remember using heat though, as they were fairly tight. I'll have a look in my box of bits and see if thre are any in there.

Comment

Thanks. That would be brilliant if you have.
      MG Maestro Turbo #500
      BMW 335I M Sport Convertible
      Subaru Impreza Hawkeye Wagon
      Rover 218vvc Coupe

Comment

as above heat up speedo ring and slide off and same in reverse to quaife diff wasn't hard job, this is only way it will work don't fit plastic one won't read correct.
        MG Maestro turbo 437
        367 Bhp

Comment

Working...
        X