Austin maestro 1.6 s series 1989 oil filter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Austin maestro 1.6 s series 1989 oil filter

Hi does anyone know where I can get the correct oil filter I have tried ones with using reg number and the hole diameter is to wide for the screw on the car the one that is on my car now is mg rover19409-200304 RF00180EVA13 I'm also sending a photo of the filter. I have done a new oil change but had to put this filter back on

The oil filter part number that is on it now is MG ROVER LRF000180EVEA

Comment

Unipart number should be gfe180, which cross references to crosland 2022, fits various Fords, Allegros, 216, etc etc..threads are 3/4" UNF. I guess they are supplying 13/16" UNF, which is the less common size used on very early R series (and the 2.0 petrol and diesel engines). The crosland online catalogue (which was very good) has vanished since they were taken over by the same mickey mouse outfit that took fram over, but even the crappy new fram catalogue https://www.sogefifilterdivision.com...odele=32405003. gets the right answer, goodness knows where your suppliers are getting their information from

Comment

Hi I just found 4 x crosland 2022 filters on Ebay so just bought all 4 thanks for pointing me in the right direction thanks again john

Comment

No problem, it is amazing how often parts shops get oil filters wrong on our cars, despite the fact that there used to be so many of them on the roads!

Comment

Working...
          X