Drivers rear window part

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drivers rear window part

Hi tried winding my rear window up not not moving handle turning but no movement in the glass to door panel off to have a look the regulator is working fine it is the part that the glass sits in with two rubbers both side of the glass that is the part that's failed everytime I push it back on the glass wind it up and it keeps on coming off anybody know where I can get this part?

If it isn't rotten, check that the roller that trundles along the runner in the botton is free and that the window is reasonably free in its runners. When mine did the same trick I cleaned the bottom of the glass up, cleaned the rubber up & glued it on with Sikaflex (tiger seal would also work). You could stick the glass directly onto the metal using the same stuff, but it would be very hard to get off if you ever wanted to dismantle it, leaving the rubber in leaves a weak link in the chain.. If the metal has rusted away I might be able to find a used one in my disorganised pile of bits!

Comment

The metal is fine it is not rusted thanks for the info I will give it a go by using the glue you suggested I will let you know how it goes cheers Chris.

Comment

Wearing gloves is a good plan when using tigerseal or sikaflex (if you go to a motor factors they might have cheaper equivalents that will be ok for your job)...it sticks to everything, especially fingers. I took mine out of the door to glue, just in case I made a mess ..

Comment

Working...
        X