Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hole locations for early MG maestro 1600 body kit.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hole locations for early MG maestro 1600 body kit.

Evening all, due to the sheer amount of metal I've replaced on my MG 1600,
    quick list......
    Both inner & outer cills.
    both rear archs and near full rear quarters.
    Front end lower inner wings.
    3 new doors.
    Tailgate.
    Bonnet.
    Near side bonnet hinge section.
    Off side top heater vent scuttle panel.
    N/Side A piller.
    O/side B piller.
    both suspention turrets complete.
    both front floors.
    rear N/side floor.
    front subframe mounting points. Centre bulkhead upper and lower.......

Anyway, i stupidly made a school boy error. As the body shop had a cancelation, i needed to prep my shell as fast as i could, (to keep costs down) so i started cutting metal out and completely forgot the major task prior to stripping a car.....
    I never took the measurements or locations for the holes for the body kit bits.
    so is there any member who could help me out and supply me the measurements of the holes for...
    Tailgate spoiler complete
    rear lower cill to arch spats/wind deflectors
    Lower chin spoiler.
    Plus, due to changing the tailgate, I need the measurements of the wiper hole and washer nozzle. These location holes are unique to the early maestro tailgate, the hole became a single teardrop shape on the face lift/later rover maestro?
    Any help from the club would be a massive help.
    Thank you in advance.
    Last edited by Mr bump; 29th August 2022, 16:48.

I can only help with the side strakes on the 'E' post and the spolier as I needed to do a similar job on mine. You can do it by eye, with plenty of masking tape on the tailgate in the area where the fixings are. The spoiler should fit with the shaping on the lower edge, sitting atop the escutcheon for the lock barrel and with the top edge in line with the panel fold below the rear window glass. Once the spoiler is fitted, the side strakes then need fitting with the outer edge, close to the outer edge of the tailgate but again with plenty of masking tape in the area of the fixing studs. Remember that for the lower spoiler, there are two self tapping screws for the outer fixings, and for the outer studs you will need to drill a larger hole in the inner tailgate panel, to allow access of a suitable socket to tighten the nut. The other studs are all accessed from within where the tailgate trim panel fits. If you need more help, I might be able to take photos, but not sure if it would be possible to measure the hole locations as there isn't really a suitable datum nearby.
    Membership Secretary
    Join the M&MOC | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

1990 MG Maestro Turbo #436 (To keep me occupied in retirement)
    2023 Hyundai Tucson Ultimate Hybrid(Daily run-around)
    1974 Austin Allegro Semi-works Rally Car

You know you are getting old when your knees buckle and your belt doesn't

Comment

Originally posted by Sussex Pete View Post
      I can only help with the side strakes on the 'E' post and the spolier as I needed to do a similar job on mine. You can do it by eye, with plenty of masking tape on the tailgate in the area where the fixings are. The spoiler should fit with the shaping on the lower edge, sitting atop the escutcheon for the lock barrel and with the top edge in line with the panel fold below the rear window glass. Once the spoiler is fitted, the side strakes then need fitting with the outer edge, close to the outer edge of the tailgate but again with plenty of masking tape in the area of the fixing studs. Remember that for the lower spoiler, there are two self tapping screws for the outer fixings, and for the outer studs you will need to drill a larger hole in the inner tailgate panel, to allow access of a suitable socket to tighten the nut. The other studs are all accessed from within where the tailgate trim panel fits. If you need more help, I might be able to take photos, but not sure if it would be possible to measure the hole locations as there isn't really a suitable datum nearby.
      Thank you Pete, appreciate your time on this, and if you could take som pics, that would be very helpful.

Comment

Working...
      X