Bad rainwater leak,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad rainwater leak,

My Maestro TD has a bad rainwater leak from RH side roof onto rear seat, also inside hatch RH side, in a visible stream. I would appreciate some help from a fellow sufferer please, on known weak points and remedies, the channel at top of hatch had lots of water in it.
    The roof plastic strip is good visually all along its length, the hatch doesn't seem to be leaking in itself, most water is from up top while watching during rain.
    I hope someone has a tip or information please. Tom Hart

Does it have a sunroof?

Comment

Thanks for your reply Mr Bump, Yes it does have a sunroof. I never thought of that.

Comment

Originally posted by thart View Post
        Thanks for your reply Mr Bump, Yes it does have a sunroof. I never thought of that.
        You may have to remove the headliner to check if the drain holes are clear and there's not a rust patch on the sunroof tray
        1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
        1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
        1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
        2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
        2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
        2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

Thanks Jeff I will check out those items, it will have to be sorted out as we are dreading raindrops on the windscreen, your help is much appreciated.
          Tom H

Comment

If your not sure how to remove the headliner there is a how to on the forum. Obviously the tail gate part will be different and you can remove it out of that, but the main part is the same

Comment

Thankyou Jeff, I will look into that. The headliner is busy removing itself at the moment. Cheers Tom

Comment

you can tape the sun roof up with 2" PVC tap if you are having trouble fixing it or finding parts

Comment

Hello Robert, I think you have helped me before, and DD and Jeff too, that remedy looks fool proof to get us back on the road after looking for the root cause, I will check out the other suggested areas first and see if that fixes the problem, then the tape one for sure, thanks a lot. Tom H

Comment

Hello again I had another big ingress of water so I took your advice Robert, the tape was a bit vicious but it is on now. I have had headlining off along leak area, and by lifting the area near leak I found a rubber tube but wasn't able to trace the break. Can someone tell me where the water is supposed to drain away when all is working properly?
                    I appreciate very much the help so far, thanks for all answers. Tom H

Comment

The only tubes that should be there are 4 drain pipes /tubes. Front run down the a posts and into holes outside the cabin, rears runs down the rear posts again to outside the cabin. The sunroof seals leak but should run into the tray then out via the drain tubes. Where exactly is the leak? Somewhere on the tray, of the drain tubes or another place?

Comment

If you look at the rear inner wheel arches you should see the end of the pipe, looks like the pointy bit below. I think there is a bit in the glove box manual about keeping them clean.
                        You can't get to the front ones without removing the wheel arch liners, but there is no one way grommet to clog

Comment

Thank you so much Jeff and Robert, I now know how the drainage system is supposed to work, the leak was coming from the headlining over the O/S rear passenger seat, either via that tube or by travelling along the headlining to the lowest point. I recognise the drain outlet Robert I came across it long ago when welding around the rear wheel arch, something I am too old to do anymore.
                          Hopefully the pressure is off for a while now that I have applied your remedy Robert, but I will definitely check out that one way grommet for obstructions, and continue checking the headlining also.
                          Thank you both so much for this help Tom H

Comment

Working...
                          X