Maestro 1600 back box strap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maestro 1600 back box strap

Hi does anybody know how to make a strap for a back box exhaust mine has snap off the back box is in good nick so if anybody is willing to make a strap that will fit I am willing to pay I need one to fit a Austin maestro 1600 s series 1989

something like this https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/134001421076 and an ordinary exhaust clamp might do the job?

Comment

What size exhaust clamp will I need

Comment

Originally posted by Duke92 View Post
        What size exhaust clamp will I need
        probably best to get the bracket first & either measure it, or take it to a motor factors & get one that fits, you might need washers for the clamp, as it'll most likely be bigger than your exhaust. I've done similar things in the past, but on different vehicles,all that matters is that the clamp has to tighten enough to hold the bracket onto the pipe.

Comment

Thanks John for the info I will buy the bracket today and wait till it comes before getting the clamp I will let you know how it goes cheers

Comment

Hi John finally managed to get the exhaust done the hanger works lovely bought a clamp from local motor factors made sure it closed tight on pipe workers a treat thanks.

Comment

Glad you got it sorted out, with a bit of luck you'll be able to reuse the hanger if you ever need another exhaust!

Comment

Working...
              X