Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Van rear axle

Evening all

Ok pushing on with the van rebuild (well still taking things apart) and have come up against another issue when removing the rear axle - everything is getting a coat of the blast and powder coat so sending good solid stuff is the key, however! at each end of the axle on the opposite face to the spring mountings there - was ? - something else welded onto the axle can anyone provide a better photo than what i have so i can fab something up to repair this ?

Click image for larger version  Name:	20221211_154302.jpg Views:	0 Size:	835.4 KB ID:	336908

Its looks to be just a spacer block that keeps the Ubolts/axle in place just a photo of a more complete one would be appreciated .. and this is the best of both sides so can't use the other side as a template - that one had pretty much vanished
    Attached Files

Looks like a pad for the bump stop to hit, dose the van still have its bump stops or have they fallen off?

Comment

yeah, i think they may have parted company some time ago, i have two holes where they were .. ill get to that part when i start the shell in the new year

Comment

Can you still get bump stops? If not you may want to think about what bump stop you will use before welding up the axle.

Comment

right, i have done some searching and nothing has come up for the van bump stops?? may just have to wing it - could always fit defender discovery bump stops - i have plenty of those

Comment

Working...
          X