MG Maestro Turbo Autochoke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MG Maestro Turbo Autochoke

Does anyone know where I could buy or have refurbished an auto-choke for a maestro turbo please? Car was not starting at all. Had a modified refurbished carb fitted recently, with its original auto-choke. So swapped that with new o-rings for the original one (which was new 10 years 6k ago) It now starts after numerous goes but dies off unless the revs are kept up. Ticks over fine when at correct temperature. Also thought it might be the fuel choke control unit. One on eBay but was wanting to rule the most likely candidate out first. Unless anyone else has any other suggestions? Thanks Andrew
    MG Maestro Turbo #500
    BMW 335I M Sport Convertible
    Subaru Impreza Hawkeye Wagon
    Rover 218vvc Coupe

Originally posted by Andy View Post
    Does anyone know where I could buy or have refurbished an auto-choke for a maestro turbo please? Car was not starting at all. Had a modified refurbished carb fitted recently, with its original auto-choke. So swapped that with new o-rings for the original one (which was new 10 years 6k ago) It now starts after numerous goes but dies off unless the revs are kept up. Ticks over fine when at correct temperature. Also thought it might be the fuel choke control unit. One on eBay but was wanting to rule the most likely candidate out first. Unless anyone else has any other suggestions? Thanks Andrew
    Have you adjusted the cold start settings as if its at normal temperature it ticks over properly I would have a look at those?
    Also is the small rod on the stepper motor pushing out about a quarter inch when cold? If so it could be just adjusting the cold start settings, Turbo fuel ecu is ADU8499
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 19th April 2023, 12:25.
    1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
    1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
    1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
    2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
    2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
    2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

Hi Jeff thanks for the quick reply. Sorry to be ignorant but what are the cold start settings? I have searched and found no information. Have you any information on anything I could try myself or pass onto the mechanic I use. Thanks Andrew
      MG Maestro Turbo #500
      Rover 218vvc Coupe

Comment

As per this Andrew, can you read it all? Bit of a faff but does work btw for setting cold idle etc
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 19th April 2023, 14:05.

Comment

Yes can read that thanks Jeff. Haven't got an exhaust gas analyser so would be something the garage would have to sort.
          MG Maestro Turbo #500
          Rover 218vvc Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post
            Yes can read that thanks Jeff. Haven't got an exhaust gas analyser so would be something the garage would have to sort.
            You don't need that part really, but if you do those adjustments it should help with your cold start tickover problems. My sons turbo starts easy and has a good cold tickover when I used that how to

Comment

Working...
            X