Starter motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starter motor

Hi guys more problems again my starter motor has packed in failing to start the starter on the car has not got a part number on it does anyone know what should be on it it's a austin maestro 1.6 a series 1989
    Attached Files

Assuming that you have a manual gearbox it is a Lucas M79 (Rover part number GNU4539) so usually quite reliable & easy to fix, a local starter repair place should be able to fix it quite cheaply, or there is this one on ebay which isn't horrendously expensive & you get to keep your old one ... https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/162971281300 good luck!
    Last edited by Doctordiesel77; 29th August 2023, 07:35.

Comment

Thanks for the part number John I will buy that one and keep the old one to have reconditioned thanks for your help on this one.

Comment

Hi bought the starter that John sent me a link to fitted fine car started ok but when driving it it was backfiring with a lot of smoke coming out from the rear exhaust is this caused by the new starter motor?

Comment

Hi it wasn't the starter after it was the car loom part of the crankshaft sensor took it to a auto electrician they have now bypassed the both crankshaft sensors so I if it goes In the future they will have to do the same at least it works perfectly at the moment.

Comment

Working...
          X