I'm back to thinking about this now....
the Alternator definitely wasn't causing a problem I took it off the car.
its almost certainly the crankshaft. Question now is after the engines out what will I likely need to do?
if the main bearings are seized what are the implications? i.e. is the crankshaft likely to be ruined, or just the bearings?
Advice appreciated.
If the crankshafts had it, I suppose it'd be easier to just get another engine, trouble is that spoils originality....
the Alternator definitely wasn't causing a problem I took it off the car.
its almost certainly the crankshaft. Question now is after the engines out what will I likely need to do?
if the main bearings are seized what are the implications? i.e. is the crankshaft likely to be ruined, or just the bearings?
Advice appreciated.
If the crankshafts had it, I suppose it'd be easier to just get another engine, trouble is that spoils originality....



Comment