Fuel return pipe??????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel return pipe??????????

can any one help please, yesterday whilst undersealing the monty, I came across a pipe sticking out the bottom of the floor drivers side just by the engine bay , as I pushed it, it disappeared into the engine bay and thought nothing else of it. now today whilst fitting the new steering rack bellows I saw that pipe that disappeared and also another pipe with a what can only be described as a switch/sensor/oneway valve but had 2 wires attached and the Austin sticker on revealing 12v.. now fitting the newly refurbed carb I did take a pic to when I took it off the car to know where the pipes went again, I got the inlet(petrol) but I think the pipe that is floating around is the return . can some one tell me if the wandering pipe is a return and which side of the underneath will I find the rest....

Originally posted by tonyrs View Post
    can any one help please, yesterday whilst undersealing the monty, I came across a pipe sticking out the bottom of the floor drivers side just by the engine bay , as I pushed it, it disappeared into the engine bay and thought nothing else of it. now today whilst fitting the new steering rack bellows I saw that pipe that disappeared and also another pipe with a what can only be described as a switch/sensor/oneway valve but had 2 wires attached and the Austin sticker on revealing 12v.. now fitting the newly refurbed carb I did take a pic to when I took it off the car to know where the pipes went again, I got the inlet(petrol) but I think the pipe that is floating around is the return . can some one tell me if the wandering pipe is a return and which side of the underneath will I find the rest....
    Its a vent valve and there's nothing on the end of it tony
    1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
    1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
    1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
    2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
    2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
    2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Turbo View Post
      Its a vent valve and there's nothing on the end of it tony
      I'm going to try and post the pic I tookClick image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	289274its the middle pipe

Comment

Yes as Jeff says that is the vent valve for the turbo. Nothing on the end of the pipe. Just make sure the solenoid works as if not it causes running issues.
        www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
        www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
        www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

Originally posted by E_T_V View Post
          Yes as Jeff says that is the vent valve for the turbo. Nothing on the end of the pipe. Just make sure the solenoid works as if not it causes running issues.
          You lot are stars how do I check the solenoid works? Will the car have to be running?? Cheers for all you help on this, when I bought the car it ran fine but should run better now the carb as had an overhaul

Comment

With the igniton off you should be able to blow through the pipe/solenoid.
            With the ignition on it should be blocked.
            www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
            www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
            www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

Working...
            X