Fuel Pump Or Related Issue.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Express Valeter View Post
    I do have an official workshop manual but I am not technical so don't really understand it.

Pretty sure the relay does switch on as I hear it click.
    Hi if you want to you could post up the relevant diagram for the fuel pump circuit or MFU and MEMS ECU we can point out the wires to test, and what to test for.

Comment

Unfortunately I don't have a scanner/printer so can't do that either. Just a waiting game I guess till he can get round here lol.

Comment

Hi Andy - I guess you sorted this out - what was the cause? It seems similar to problems I keep getting. Cheers, John.

Comment

I had it taken to an auto electrician who sussed it in 10 minutes. On the nearside turret is the fuel control unit which is about the size of a cigarette packet and under there is a fuel system relay (sure that is what they called it). It is a black thing which initially they said to try & get another but they repaired it - problem solved.

Comment

Thanks Andy. I'll get my garage to test it out.

Comment

Fuel Pump relay - It just came to me lol.

Comment

I knew what you meant. Just ordered 2.

Comment

Originally posted by kobe View Post
                  I knew what you meant. Just ordered 2.
                  Where did you order them from? I think I will order one too.

Comment

[QUOTE=The Express Valeter;175866]Where did you order them from? I think I will order one too.[/QUOTe

I ordered them through my garage. I will ask him when I call in next week. I guess he will tell me?

Comment

Thanks. I was watching a ballast resistor on ebay but don't know if it is the correct item or not.

Comment

Originally posted by The Express Valeter View Post
                        I had it taken to an auto electrician who sussed it in 10 minutes. On the nearside turret is the fuel control unit which is about the size of a cigarette packet and under there is a fuel system relay (sure that is what they called it). It is a black thing which initially they said to try & get another but they repaired it - problem solved.
                        It's called a multifunction unit Andy as I posted in post number 5
                        John, unless you have a later Montego your car will have 2 relays side by side instead
                        1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
                        1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
                        1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
                        2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
                        2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
                        2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

Thanks Jeff. That's what I ordered. Not fixed it though.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Turbo View Post
                            It's called a multifunction unit Andy as I posted in post number 5
                            John, unless you have a later Montego your car will have 2 relays side by side instead
                            Hi Jeff, That multifunction thing, is that not the black box about the size of the cigarette packet? I bought one of those as a spare listed for a Caterham lol.

I was told the other little black thing (much smaller) that is directly underneath the larger item was the relay?

Comment

Working...
                            X