montego sills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• montego sills

hi, just wondering if any one has any pictures of a montego without the sill on. I thinking of putting montego sills on my maestro rally car, but I'm thinking the montego must be different behind the sill or it wouldn't be as strong as the maestro due to the cross section of the sill as a whole. martin

Ricky ( Thamestyres ) has Montego outer sills fitted to his "Mad Maestro".

I don't think there is any major issue fitting them.

Just finding some to buy!.

Comment

Originally posted by mr.maestro View Post
      hi, just wondering if any one has any pictures of a montego without the sill on. I thinking of putting montego sills on my maestro rally car, but I'm thinking the montego must be different behind the sill or it wouldn't be as strong as the maestro due to the cross section of the sill as a whole. martin
      I have a few full Maestro's sills on there way to me soon if you want one of those?
      1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
      1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
      1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
      2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
      2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
      2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

at the moment I have monty sills self-tapered on top of the original maestro sills. I thought about removing the maestro sills and welding the montego ones on properly, but I'm wondering if there are any gussets or something behind the montego sills. just fitting them top and bottom like the maestro doesn't seem as strong to me. martin

Comment

There's nothing behind them, it's purely shape. You have to graft on the lower half of the montego front wing as that also follows the sill profile. You'll also need to fab up a filler panel for the rear of the sills in the rear arch, and there's a similar fillet panel at the front at the base of the a-pillar behind the wing.

Comment

plan to use montego front and rear arches as well!!!

Comment

You'll need to make a new rear arch inner lip as the arch is taller and wider than the maestro arch

Comment

Working...
              X