Fitting Rear Facing Seat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fitting Rear Facing Seat

I have just acquired a rear facing seat for my Montego estate.

Before I start taking trim out, does anyone know how I will need to make the necessary openings for the seat belt mounts in the rigid side trim? I assume the plastic is pre-weakened on the back so the holes can just be pushed out?

Also how do I attach the top of the rod that carries the upper seat belt mount - does it just tuck (and bolt in) behind the headlining?

Thanks in advance, Richard

Hi Bonzodog
    Are you sorted - just seen this thread.
    I have rear mounted seats in my montego - so might be able to supply some info.
    AndyB

Comment

I thought the rear facing seats just had lap belts that used the same holes as the forward facing rear seats.

Comment

Did the 7 seaters not have a different toughened hatch glass for safety?
        Rover 200 and 400 Owners Club (for wedge shape rovers, including coupe, tourer and cabriolet). - www.rover200.org.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Beaker View Post
          Did the 7 seaters not have a different toughened hatch glass for safety?
          that is definitely the case - the rear screen is laminated for safety, I quess in a rear impact you dont want to shower kids in a shower of toughned glass!

as for belt mountings they definitely have 3 point mountings.

Im not sure if its true - but the guy I bought mine off told me that the rear head rests are slightly wider to make them the right distance for the two rear facing seats.

Andy
          CURRENT FLEET:
          1986 (C) Montego 1.6 HL Estate - Owned since Feb 2011
          1990 (H) Maestro 1.3 LX -Owned since December 2001
          1978 (T) Chrysler Avenger 1.6GL - Owned since April 2011
          2006 (06) Ford Focus Titanium 1.8 TDCi - Owned since Feb 2007
          1972 (L) - Hillman Avenger 1500 Super - Owned Since July 2012

Comment

Originally posted by H48HPE View Post
            that is definitely the case - the rear screen is laminated for safety, I quess in a rear impact you dont want to shower kids in a shower of toughned glass!

as for belt mountings they definitely have 3 point mountings.

Im not sure if its true - but the guy I bought mine off told me that the rear head rests are slightly wider to make them the right distance for the two rear facing seats.

Andy
            I beleive all but the earliest glass was laminated.
            The belts are attached to a bar at shoulder height, the bar running from floor to roof about 6" behind rear passenger door.
            Head rest are standard ones

Comment

Done this myself before if I remember where the metal pole goes in the plastic trim at the bottom there is a blanking plug which can be removed and at the top it only needs the slightest bit notching out, I could be wrong there but can check on my at if needed.

Comment

Working...
              X