Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake Upgrades

Hi,

I'm looking into potential upgrades for the front brakes on my MG Montego. I've read that Corrado G60 280mm discs fit with minimal modification. Has anybody done this? I assume this would be using the standard calipers. Also, has anyone upgraded the front calipers to something a little larger whilst retaining the standard wheels?

The Corrado G60 discs do fit fairly easily, but you will need to manufacture, or locate, a bracket to move the caliper mountings outboard to compensate for the larger diameter discs. You will also need to redrill the wheelstud holes to cater for the different diameter on M&M's If you search the forum for "big brakes" there are a number of threads that describe what to do. You will also need a thin spacer and may need to change your rims - again to ensure that they don't foul the caliper. I have done this ready to go on my turbo - pic below shows the test assembly of caliper and disc.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160122_095822.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	76.7 KB
ID:	317138
    Attached Files
    Membership Secretary
    Join the M&MOC | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

1990 MG Maestro Turbo #436 (To keep me occupied in retirement)
    2023 Hyundai Tucson Ultimate Hybrid(Daily run-around)
    1974 Austin Allegro Semi-works Rally Car

You know you are getting old when your knees buckle and your belt doesn't

Comment

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/austin-rov...4AAOSw65FXudsl

Comment

Bargain for the upgrade kit.

I've got them fitted to a couple of mine

They fit under 15 inch narrower cross spokes 5.5J?

The other option is the MGF AP 4 pot calipers with MGF trophy discs turned down to just under 300mm. These require 16 inch+ wheels though and will result in longer pedal travel.
        www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
        www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
        www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

Working...
        X