Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In search of a relay

Hello everyone,

Worked out the problem on my van is what i believe to be a relay that is not producing enough current/power to the starter. it was ticking when i turned the ignition key. Now i have the problem of sourcing a new one, my van is an 1988 maestro with a 2.0 montego carb with electronic ignition.
    The numbers on the part are:
    YWB 10022 16M

Don't know is that means anything to anyone but if anyone had one spare or for sale it would be much appreciated.
    Linked is a picture of the connectors on the box itself: https://gyazo.com/dd5ec602493c9bca7483e9e6ef2dce6b

Thanks in advance

I'm a tad confused! The picture you refer to is not for a relay. The starter relay is a standard 5-pin relay, that is located on the board behind the panel below the steering column. Just from the terminantion, I'm not sure what the picture is of. Also the YWB1022 part number is not recognised on the electronic parts catalogue. The starter relay part number from this DRC1820A. Available from Halfords or Rimmers or any good auto electics store.

Normally I would say that if you get a ticking noise when trying to activate the starter, its shows that there is insufficient voltage at the battery. The relay is purely an electrical switch to ensure that high current is not being passed directly through the ignition switch. HTH
    Membership Secretary
    Join the M&MOC | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

1990 MG Maestro Turbo #436 (To keep me occupied in retirement)
    2023 Hyundai Tucson Ultimate Hybrid(Daily run-around)
    1974 Austin Allegro Semi-works Rally Car

You know you are getting old when your knees buckle and your belt doesn't

Comment

Pete, that part is in EPC - the clue is that it's a Montego item, the OP has a Montego engine fitted. It's an engine management switch/relay covering 'fuel pump, starter, PTC'.
      I have a couple spare, can post one out for a tenner inclusive.
      midget1380@btinternet.com

Comment

Thanks David! I thought I was going mad as the EPC search was coming up with no hits - but that is because I was using YWB1022 - missing the second zero! Duh!
        Membership Secretary
        Join the M&MOC | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

1990 MG Maestro Turbo #436 (To keep me occupied in retirement)
        2023 Hyundai Tucson Ultimate Hybrid(Daily run-around)
        1974 Austin Allegro Semi-works Rally Car

You know you are getting old when your knees buckle and your belt doesn't

Comment

Working...
        X