Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• heated seats

hi every one.
    unfortunately my wife suffers with her back, that's why my vw passat has heated front seats.
    so she wants heated front seats in my '87 monty. has anybody tried to do this ? is it possible
    without throwing too much money at it ?

Headed seats are only a flat heating element with a switch and possibly a relay. you should be able to make something up Frank. You will need to remove the seat, remove the upright and strip the seat bottom of its cover, if also an element for the upright, then strip that aswell. Then go from there. No idea what car heated element you would use though, possibly a Rover 75? Its not expensive
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 20th February 2017, 16:15.
    1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
    1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
    1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
    2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
    2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
    2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

Have a look for the retrofit kits. I've got some from a landrover to fit to mine. If you are happy to take the covers off of the seats and do a bit of wiring then yes it is perfectly possible.

Edit: Just seen there are LOADS of kits on e-bay too if you need a kit of parts.
      www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
      www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
      www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

Although not a Montego I have retro-fitted heated front seats to my Rover 416. I used a Waco kit for the heating pads and genuine rover heated seat switches. (all via e-bay)

You have to take the seat to bits to get the pads in the base and the back rest but if you take your time it comes apart and goes back together quite easily.

I believe you can now get pads that can be cut to shape using scissors which make fitting even easier.

Comment

Working...
        X