1.6 S series Maestro & Montego

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.6 S series Maestro & Montego

Is the thin vac pipe & connectors from the ecu to the Fuel trap used on other uk cars and is it avalable anywhere
    Sure & steadfast.
    BMC/BL Rally 2008.First prize 1980s onward.
    1988 Montego Estate 1600L Atlantic Blue From new Daily runner
    1979 Triumph Dolomite 1500HL Pagent Blue From new 76.000 milesNow out of Hibination and into Restoration

Yes, should be available from any motor factors.

Comment

Can someone supply me with a pic of what the origanal one are from the ecu to the fuel trap as my garage has replace them with some other bicycle pump type hose.
      Sure & steadfast.
      1979 Triumph Dolomite 1500HL Pagent Blue From new 76.000 milesNow out of Hibination and into Restoration

Comment

seen the fittings in Halfords.

Comment

Thanks i ll take a look
          Sure & steadfast.

Comment

You are looking for a vacuum advance/retard hose. Its a thin hardwall vac hose with a right angled rubber connector on one end and a straight one on the other - not from Halfords but from a motor factor. I bought some recently mainly for the right angled connctors on my S Series fuel trap to ECU hose.
            M&MOC Committee Member - Archivist
            Join the M&MOC | Visit the Club Shop | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

Comment

Hi Thanks who were you motor factors just in case mine dont have any . I had noticeed that Halfords hadnt got the correct size anyway
              Sure & steadfast.

Comment

If all else fails, there is always eBay. this is probably a bit long, but would cut down. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MORRIS-MIN...-/171355738428

Comment

Originally posted by Doctordiesel77 View Post
                  If all else fails, there is always eBay. this is probably a bit long, but would cut down. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MORRIS-MIN...-/171355738428
                  I was watching that but need to check to see if the pipe size is the same
                  Sure & steadfast.

Comment

as far as I know, all of the small vacum hoses on BMC and AR vehicles are same size, apart from the diff lock actuator hoses on Range Rovers / Land Rovers.....unless I've been very lucky over the years..

Comment

I think that the mini uses the same right angle pipe connector and it's still available from the usual mini places, ie minispares.
                      Try this:
                      http://www.minispares.com/product/classic/MLH10022.aspx
                      There are also links to other similar pipes used on a mini.
                      Ian
                      Ian Drew
                      MG Maestro Turbo '400'
                      MG ZT V8
                      Rover 75 V6 Estate

Comment

I thought that and have ask the mini guys twice .However they cba to reply !!
                        Sure & steadfast.

Comment

Working...
                        X