Montego Turbo valve spring caps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Montego Turbo valve spring caps

I'm desperately in need of 4 valve spring caps to fit the Sodium cooled valves and have been told that the same valves/caps were used on all of the engines after '92. Can anyone confirm this, and/or give me numbers, or preferably let me know where I can get some.
    Thanks.

Whereabouts are you? Have they three grooves?

Comment

Yes, the valves have three grooves. I've got the collets to fit them, but they are too large for the spring caps I have (standard ones). I'm in Cornwall, UK

Comment

The caps on the exhaust valves are different. Inlet caps are the same across the range (CAM 1237) but the exhuast caps are CAM7737 and looks like they are an NLA item.
        Membership Secretary
        Join the M&MOC | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

1990 MG Maestro Turbo #436 (To keep me occupied in retirement)
        2023 Hyundai Tucson Ultimate Hybrid(Daily run-around)
        1974 Austin Allegro Semi-works Rally Car

You know you are getting old when your knees buckle and your belt doesn't

Comment

I may have a scrap maestro turbo head think it has a crack or warped but not sure but I am in Penrith I will see if I can dig it out and have a look

Comment

That would be wonderful MGM. Glad you're in the UK, I was expecting to find some which needed posting from Australia :¬)

Comment

If you don't have time for dismantling, I'm happy to courier the whole head and send back any bits you want. Getting this done is my top priority at the moment :-)

Comment

I have these

Comment

PM me your address if you can’t get sorted elsewhere.
                  Last edited by G4GLM; 9th February 2018, 14:39.

Comment

Hi G4GLM, Those are the collets which fit inside the spring cap. It's the actual spring caps: the chunky washer type things which sit on top of the springs and the collets hold the valve into, which I need, although the matching collets would be handy as I think the ones I have are VW so may not fit the caps :¬)

Comment

These, or rather the ones with the bigger hole to fit the three ring collets.

Comment

Why don’t I read things properly!!! I have some caps as well.

Comment

Comment

That's wonderful. PM'd you

Comment

Posted this morning Sam. Let me know if they are ok.

Comment

Working...
                              X