Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Insurance trap x 2

1)
    I was with a well known insurance company for 30 years while driving my different Montegos.
    I thought I would carry out some TLC on my present vehicle But unexpectedly it was sold, thereby I wanted to transfer my car insurance to my second Montego.
    However it turns out a late 1994 Montego is to old to insure by this company by 4 years. Now my no claims bonus reduces from 80% down to 60% with a different company because that is the largest discount they do.
    So be aware.

2)
    Please check your own car insurance cover for "Personal Injury", while driving your vehicle.
    Why the "car insurance" may payout = £5000 if you are lucky and this only covers the loss of a limb and or one eye. It will not cover 12 months in hospital receiving treatment, loss of your job, mortgage, marriage etc, this is all due to some drunken idiot having a head on crash with you.
    This is assuming they are insured in the first place.

all the best
    Africar

From my experience, you don't get a no claims bonus scheme on a classic policy, plus, every single automotive insurence company only work on 3 yrs no claims, no more but again, not on a classic policy.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr bump View Post
      From my experience, you don't get a no claims bonus scheme on a classic policy, plus, every single automotive insurence company only work on 3 yrs no claims, no more but again, not on a classic policy.
      As far as I know you need to have an 'everyday car' insured before you can insure a car on a classic policy, so trap one is a catch 22 situation, unless you have a newer car as well. My 'everyday car' insurance is through a local brokers & they don't seem to mind it being a 1994 Montego....

Comment

Working...
      X