Mirror cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mirror cover

Not sure if I'm in the right bit?? just wondered how to remove the wing mirror covers as i want to spray or wrap them? Cheers in advance. Steve

Originally posted by Steve O View Post
    Not sure if I'm in the right bit?? just wondered how to remove the wing mirror covers as i want to spray or wrap them? Cheers in advance. Steve
    You would be better masking them up. To remove the covers you have to remove the mirror by putting the mirror as far as it will go upwards and levering out the bottom 2 plastic stay bars behind it, then putting the mirror down and doing the same for the top 2. Be careful as you can break the mirror. After that unplug the 2 heated part plugs to completely remove the mirror. Under that you find the mechanism attached to 2 springs , remove that and you'll find the outer cover is attached using 4 lock washers, once you remove those the cover will come off
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 24th November 2023, 11:55.
    1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
    1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
    1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
    2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
    2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
    2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

Ahh thanks for that. I think i will be masking it up lol. Dont fancy breaking it,they are as rare as hens teeth. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve O View Post
        Ahh thanks for that. I think i will be masking it up lol. Dont fancy breaking it,they are as rare as hens teeth. Thanks for the info.
        No worries
        1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
        1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
        1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
        2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
        2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
        2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

Working...
        X