Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rocker cover gasket montego 1.6 sl

Good afternoon,
    I recently had the rocker cover gaskets replaced, but it seems that they are not of sufficient quality, because they have broken and are leaking more oil than before. In Spain they are very difficult to find. Could you tell me somewhere to get them? It is a Montego 1.6 SL from 1989. 16HE60 engine. Thank you so much
    Attached Files
    Last edited by maltes; 23rd January 2024, 06:35.
    Montego 1.6 SL 1989
    Golf V 1.9 TDI 2004

Just a thought. Have you done them up too tightly? I made same mistake on a 1.6 montego once. Over tightened them which caused them to leak. Not sure of correct torque but a mechanic friend did them for me. Like you they leaked more than the old ones. I believe they are a rubber type of gasket? Hopefully someone can advise you where to get some? Good luck.

Comment

I have some, I can't remember if they are genuine unipart ones or not, but will look. I can post them, but from past experience the customs people in Spain can be a nightmare. I guess you'll need them quickly, but if not my sister lives in Spain & could take them next time she visits, then post them in Spain. Also may be a good idea to ask this ebay seller

Master Repuestos Balta S A
      Concepción Martinez
      C/ Peu de la Creu 18
      08001 Barcelona, Cataluña
      Spain
      Phone: 933294598 Email: info@recambiosbalta.com

He has a small shop in Barcelona and also a warehouse, he has parts that are not listed on ebay, mostly genuine Rover/Unipart.. hope this helps
      John

Comment

Originally posted by Steve O View Post
        Just a thought. Have you done them up too tightly? I made same mistake on a 1.6 montego once. Over tightened them which caused them to leak. Not sure of correct torque but a mechanic friend did them for me. Like you they leaked more than the old ones. I believe they are a rubber type of gasket? Hopefully someone can advise you where to get some? Good luck.
        Thank you very much for your response Steve O. The repair was done by a mechanic and he told me that it gave him a lot of trouble installing the gasket. I think the brand of the replacement is FAI, because I would like to get something of higher quality. According to Haynes I think the tightening torque is about 15 Nm.
        Montego 1.6 SL 1989
        Golf V 1.9 TDI 2004

Comment

Originally posted by Doctordiesel77 View Post
          I have some, I can't remember if they are genuine unipart ones or not, but will look. I can post them, but from past experience the customs people in Spain can be a nightmare. I guess you'll need them quickly, but if not my sister lives in Spain & could take them next time she visits, then post them in Spain. Also may be a good idea to ask this ebay seller

Master Repuestos Balta S A
          Concepción Martinez
          C/ Peu de la Creu 18
          08001 Barcelona, Cataluña
          Spain
          Phone: 933294598 Email: info@recambiosbalta.com

He has a small shop in Barcelona and also a warehouse, he has parts that are not listed on ebay, mostly genuine Rover/Unipart.. hope this helps
          John
          I really appreciate your help Doctordiesel77, I'm going to ask the store you suggest. In any case, I may be interested in having your sister send me the board game when she is in Spain. If possible, you can let me know. This way I can have a spare set. Thank you so much
          Montego 1.6 SL 1989
          Golf V 1.9 TDI 2004

Comment

Originally posted by maltes View Post
            I really appreciate your help Doctordiesel77, I'm going to ask the store you suggest. In any case, I may be interested in having your sister send me the board game when she is in Spain. If possible, you can let me know. This way I can have a spare set. Thank you so much
            I have found some Payen ones and a lot of cheaper brands, some of them look quite bad quality, some look ok, I have some genuine Unipart head gaskets sets though, so can take a set of rocker gaskets out of one of those, then it should be the same quality as the original.

Comment

Working...
            X